Did you mean: 

IMPORTANT!!! I need it for my Diploma Thesis.There are only 10 days to deadline

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
JuliusBocek
740 Views, 2 Replies

IMPORTANT!!! I need it for my Diploma Thesis.There are only 10 days to deadline

Hello, can anybody help me? I do not know, where should I write this topic, if there is better group, for Robot Structural Analysis 2011 problems, please help me.

I have Robot Structural Analysis 2011 _ SP6, Windows 7 _ 32-bit, and I need analyze RC wall (requaired reinforcement). Any time I try it, Robot broke down.

I followed the Windows Task Manager, how the processor and RAM behave during calculation.

I found that the Robot broke down whenever the use of RAM closed to 1 gigabyte

So I suppose that Robot goes wrong when taken out of RAM current load greater than 1 gigabyte. But I have capacity of RAM 4 GB.

Please help me, if there is any solution. If is it possible change parameters of RAM in RSAPro?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: JuliusBocek

The problem with 32-bit machines and programs is that your limit on RAM may be 4GB but you can tyically only access a total of about 3.2GB with only 2GB being available for applications.  What you can do however, is enable the /3GB switch and give up to 3GB of address space to your applications. 

To do this for Windows 7 32-bit please see this link:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=9583842&linkID=9240697

This is not necessary for 64-bit machines.  I would recommend upgrading to Windows 7 64-bit as a permanent solution moving forward. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
kodiak322009
in reply to: TravisNave

Try this if you wish right click on the computer icon the desktop go to properties click on advanced tab then click on the settings of the performace box then on advanced tab then in the virtual memory box click change highlight custom size and change it to 4096 and the same with the box below that in which would give you 4 gig of ram. this has helped me with having a older laptop with limited memory.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report