Hardware (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi all, i have few cards ive chosen but cannot decide.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
493 Views, 3 Replies

Hi all, i have few cards ive chosen but cannot decide.

Unsure what to choose from?

Seems like most cards are subjected to what ever capability's are from the drivers in applications.

These cards below are cards ive chosen but the drivers may determine my reason for needing them as autodesk avid user. 

Cards listed below after research seem compatible with most 3d rendering applications and superseed in some parts but need to decide whats right for me.

------

1: AMD FirePro V5900 2GB

The AMD FirePro V5900 features 2GB of blazing-fast GDDR5 memory, 512 stream processors, and support for three simultaneous monitor outputs from a single AMD FirePro V5900 graphics card with AMD Eyefinity technology.

supported drivers

-------

2: Leadtek Quadro 4000 2GB, same specs as above but different drivers and architecture

Bandwidths less then 100 gb

memory interface 256

cuda parallel processing cores 256

Supported drivers

------

3: Gtx titan-mirrored version of quadro k6000 

cuda cores over 2.500

6gb

memory bus  384

bandwiths over 200gb

unknown compatible drivers

viewport?

------ 

4: Amd radeon 7970

6gig

memory bus 384

bandwiths similar to titan

Unknown comatible drivers

Viewport?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

One of many online reviews of Vid Cards may help you decide:
http://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/AutoDesk-AutoCAD-2013-GPU-Acceleration-164/

Message 3 of 4
stevev0983
in reply to: Anonymous

I used nvidia cards for years until I got sick of a Quadro FX 1500 that I could not control the fan noise. So I decided to try a newer card and purchased both a Quadro 600 and a FirePro V4800 and tried them both. Both performed equally well on pretty much anything I threw at them including Revit, but the biggest difference was the image I saw on my monitor. After using nvidia for years and then trying the quadro 600, I was shocked at how much sharper EVREYTHING was using the FirePro V4800. It wasn't subtle. Colors were brighter, contrast was better, everything just looked so much better with the FirePro card. And I didn't change anything on the monitor - all I did was uninstall the drivers, switch the card, and install the new drivers. It's like the nvidia cards muted everything. I was just about to keep the V4800 when I got an e-mail for a great price on a V5800 so I went for that and couldn't be happier.

So you probably guessed, but my suggestion is to go for the V5900, which is supposed to be much better than the V5800 that I have. The V5800 runs all aspects of AutoCAD, Revit, and Rhino with no problems at all. And that's on a 6 year old computer with a Core 2 Duo processor running at 2.4 Ghz.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: stevev0983

Thanks for the advice. gtx titans tempting tho.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report