Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Designjet 750C Plus driver for Windows 7

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
tedkr
30548 Views, 14 Replies

HP Designjet 750C Plus driver for Windows 7

I just upgraded to a new Windows 7 computer, running Land Desktop 2005. Everything works fine except my HP Designjet 750C Plus plotter. Windows 7 can't find a driver for the plotter. Does anyone know of a solution for this problem? I saw a post elsewhere that suggested using an XP Pro 64-bit driver instead. Thanks!
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: tedkr

Try the 1050c plotter. It works for our 455c except for adjusting
margins. Can't use center the plot any more. Note, the Windows test
print gets screwed up, but autocad works, so test with a small, simple
drawing to see if it works. Apparently Windows sends a raster image,
which is not compatible, but the HPGL is perfect.

tedkr wrote:
> I just upgraded to a new Windows 7 computer, running Land Desktop 2005. Everything works fine except my HP Designjet 750C Plus plotter. Windows 7 can't find a driver for the plotter. Does anyone know of a solution for this problem? I saw a post elsewhere that suggested using an XP Pro 64-bit driver instead. Thanks!
Message 3 of 15
tedkr

Thanks!! I'll give that a try. I figure if the plots don't work well in AutoCAD, I could plot to a pdf file and try printing that.
Message 4 of 15
tedkr

Hi jg!

Saw your post about Win7 vs XP64.

I found the HP 1050c driver on the HP site and dowloaded the zip file. But I am clueless on how to install the driver and tell either Win7 or AutoCAD that I'm using a 1050c plotter. Can you help me with this? Sounds like it would solve our problem and easier than re-installing AutoCAD in VPC/XP Mode just for plotting.

Thanks!

Ted
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous

PLOTTERMANAGER while inside AutoCAD, set up the available HP750c driver.
Done.

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous

2 methods
1) see Dean's message
2) from windows devices and printers, add a printer, choose local port
and type of connection or add a tcp/ip port and fill in blanks for ip
address, choose have disk for printer driver and point it at the
directory you unzipped the driver to.

tedkr wrote:
> Hi jg!
>
> Saw your post about Win7 vs XP64.
>
> I found the HP 1050c driver on the HP site and dowloaded the zip file. But I am clueless on how to install the driver and tell either Win7 or AutoCAD that I'm using a 1050c plotter. Can you help me with this? Sounds like it would solve our problem and easier than re-installing AutoCAD in VPC/XP Mode just for plotting.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Ted
Message 7 of 15
marion_don67

I started my own engnieering company with a new computer with Windows 7 (64 bit) with AutoCad 2011.  Bought an HP 750C Plus plotter but cannot find the driver.  I saw the note on this site for downloading the driver for the 1050C to work with Windows 7.  I downloaded the 1050C driver from the HP site but I do not know how to assign the driver to the hardware that my computer detects after I plugged in the 750C. 

Do I need an original driver for the 750C to make this all work?  I am just a user, not an installer.

Message 8 of 15
namssurt
in reply to: marion_don67

Guess what. The 750c driver for XP-64 works on 7-64. A little trickier to install, but of course since it is the actual driver for the plotter, it works perfectly. Also works better for 455ca than the 1050 driver

http://www.adinsightusa.com/Vista_X64_600-650-750-755CM_Driver_PCL.zip

The key point is to set temporary User account control settings off, then install inf file, restart and again set user control settings to default value.

jg
Message 9 of 15
fasorto

OK I also dont really know what this means i have the same windows 7 problem and I need to get it to work on my plotter. can you give a more detailed list of instructions please?

thanks you can reply to fasorto@gmail.com

Message 10 of 15
namssurt
in reply to: fasorto

download and unzip the file to a directory on your machine. Go to control panel users and turn off user account control. restart your computer. Add the plotter as a printer (you may find it easiest to specify that it is connected on lpt1 and change that later) using the unzipped directory for the driver. Go back to control panel users and turn user account control back on. Reboot. go to printers and devices and adjust the settings as desired, including the port. You may need to add a port if it is connected by a dedicated printserver, but that is specific to the printserver. That's it.

jg
Message 11 of 15
fasorto
in reply to: namssurt

Thanks alot:!

Message 12 of 15
marion_don67

I have successfully downloaded the XP 64 version onto my Windows 7 machine, installed the printer but now I cannot get my 750C Plus plotter to spit out the test plot.  I have a brand new Dell computer with 4 USB ports and used one of them as the connection to the plotter with a cable that transitions to the old 25 pin port.  The test plot is in the que but is not printing.  What port should I be connected to?

I have 3 LPT ports, 5 serial ports and 2 virtual USB ports, and an XPSport (local port) options and am plotting to the LPT1 port currently?  I don't which to connect to on the laptop nor which one is assigned to actual connection on the machine.  Or do I use an ether net cable betweent the two?  If so, which port selection do I choose to plot to?

I am am not a hardware guy and feel helpless.

-Don

Message 13 of 15
namssurt
in reply to: marion_don67

This is not something that can be done just by rote and saying use port A. To resolve this I would have to do a remote login to your computer. Not volunteering as it is pretty time consuming.

jg
Message 14 of 15
tojoe999

Driver     pl532en     works for HP DesignJet 750C+ on Windows 7 (64 bit)

Message 15 of 15
tojoe999

Driver pl532en works for HP DesignJet 750C+ on Windows 7 (64 bit).

The driver also appears to support:

• HP DesignJet ColorPro CAD by HP
  • HP DesignJet 3500CP by HP
  • HP DesignJet 3000CP by HP
  • HP DesignJet 2500CP by HP
  • HP DesignJet 2000CP by HP
  • HP DesignJet 750C+ (E/A0) by HP
  • HP DesignJet 750C+ (D/A1) by HP
  • HP DesignJet 755CM(C3198B)by HP
  • HP DesignJet 700 (E/A0) by HP
  • HP DesignJet 700 (D/A1) by HP
  • HP DesignJet 488CA (E/A0) by HP
  • HP DesignJet 488CA (D/A1) by HP
  • HP DesignJet 455CA (E/A0) by HP
  • HP DesignJet 455CA (D/A1) by HP
  • HP DesignJet 450C (E/A0) by HP
  • HP DesignJet 450C (D/A1) by HP
  • HP DesignJet 750C (E/A0) by HP
  • HP DesignJet 750C (D/A1) by HP
  • HP DesignJet 755CM(C3198A)by HP
  • HP DesignJet 350C (E/A0) by HP
  • HP DesignJet 350C (D/A1) by HP
  • HP DesignJet 330 (E/A0) by HP
  • HP DesignJet 330 (D/A1) by HP
  • HP DesignJet 650C(C2859B) by HP
  • HP DesignJet 650C(C2858B) by HP
  • HP DesignJet 650C(C2859A) by HP
  • HP DesignJet 650C(C2858A) by HP
  • HP DesignJet 600 (E/A0) by HP
  • HP DesignJet 600 (D/A1) by HP
  • HP DesignJet 250C (E/A0) by HP
  • HP DesignJet 250C (D/A1) by HP
  • HP DesignJet 200 (E/A0) by HP
  • HP DesignJet 200 (D/A1) by HP
  • HP DesignJet 220 (E/A0) by HP
  • HP DesignJet 220 (D/A1) by HP
  • HP DesignJet 230 (E/A0) by HP

·  HP DesignJet 230 (D/A1) by HP

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report