Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certified drivers for ACAD 2010 and Revit 2011

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
timohoz
1362 Views, 3 Replies

Certified drivers for ACAD 2010 and Revit 2011

I am running AutoCAD 2010 and am about to get Revit MEP 2011 on a 32-bit XP machine.

When I check the graphics hardware list on the Autodesk website for both produts I find that the driver that is supported and recommended for Revit 2011 has a falid sign next to it for AutoCAD 2010, as below, and the driver version that is okay for AutoCAD does not appear on the list for Revit 2011

AutoCAD 2010
 D3DAutodesk
Gooch hardware shader
Full shadow display
Texture Compression
Per Pixel Lighting
Notes  
Comments

Has anyone else had this issue and what should I do to fix it?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
namssurt
in reply to: timohoz

You don't say what videocard. Perhaps an upgrade is necessary, or time to quit using xp. It appears to my eyes that you are being told that the card works fine in Direct3d, but not in OpenGL mode. HOWEVER, not every card has been tested by Autodesk, and while having a recommended card is less likely to yield problems, many unlisted cards do work quite well. For example, an NVIDIA 260 and a 280 have both been tested. What if you have a 275? Frankly the odds are pretty good that it will perform similarly to the 260.

jg
Message 3 of 4
OMCUSNR
in reply to: timohoz

The graphics card is going to be the least of your worries with XP.

You will NOT BE ABLE to really do anything useful with XP & Revit 2011.  There is just not enough hardware ther for the program.  You might get it to run in short bursts, but you'll be constantly crashing.

Reid

Homebuilt box: I5-2500k, MSI P67A-GD65, 12gig DDR3 1600 ram, ASUS ENGTX460 Video card, WD Velociraptor WD4500HLHX HD, Win 7 64 pro.
Message 4 of 4
timohoz
in reply to: namssurt

My machine is a HP Z400 with a Quadro FX1800 video card 4Gb of RAM and a Xeon W3505. It is the machine we all have in the company for CAD.

We have been using MEP since 2009 and have had models as big as 90Mb, with Arch, Mech and Elec in it, working okay.

I know what you mean about XP especially 32-bit, but until the entire company moves to 7 and 64-bit this is what we are stuck with. We have tried to get XP 64-bit but the are programs we use that don't run to well ON 64-bit.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report