cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
fdimpfel
378 Views, 1 Reply

CFD 2013

When adding new ram - do I have to reload software? I went from 16 Gigs to 24 gigs and had to remove smaller cards to get the new higher density cards in place.

Fred

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
RaoulM
in reply to: fdimpfel

Hi fdimpfel,

in normal cases you have to turn of the computer or workstation and change the ram, in some cases you have to make an bios update, but only if you want to go from 16 GB DDR-3 RAM to 24 GB DDR-3 ECC registered RAM.

And you should also use a 64 Bit OS regarding to the 4 GB limitation at the 32 Bit systems.

OS and software need not to reinstalled, but there fore if also have seen some rarely cases the owners needs to do so,

so the best tip I can give you is even before changing any hardware to do a backup. If you are using Windows 64 Bit

Pro, Ultimate or enterprise it should be done with the new Windows  backup imager, if you are using the ultimate you are able to backup the data over the network if you want and need. if then something occurs, like a fail you are able to reinstall the windows system and also the backup, so if the computer is able to use in the most cases  within half a hour or one hour later normaly likes before.

Let the colors shine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report