Hardware (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Products + Windows 8 + Retina Macbook Pro?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1849 Views, 1 Reply

Autodesk Products + Windows 8 + Retina Macbook Pro?

Hey,

I have a 2012 Retina Macbook Pro with a screen resolution of 2880x1800. I am running my Autodesk Products on a Bootcamp version of Windows 8. I currently have the screen set to native resolution with a 150% zoom. Everything seems to scale nicely, and the text is extremely clear (the way Retina screens are intended to look). However, the Autodesk products are not affected, so it's really challenging to see the programs' icons. If I lower the resolution, and decrease the DPI to 100%, the icons on the programs are easy to see. Unfortunately, the new problem is pixelated/blurred text for Windows 8. I was wondering if anyone has any remedies to make everything work together. Whether it is making the programs' icons larger so they can be seen at a resolution of 2880x1800, or making the text on the screen clearer at a lower resolution.

Thanks for your help in advanced!

Corbin Wesler

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Very few Autodesk products are supported in Win8, and none of the WIndows products are supported on Bacs with Retina displays. Perhaps you need to switch to AutoCAD for MAC and run it natively (not sure about your other Autodesk products, you did not specify).

And AutoCAD (and most other programs in Windows) has never ever looked good when you jack with the DPI display setting above 100%: try switching AutoCAD's icon sizes from small to large in OPTIONS' Display Tab's USE LARGE BUTTONS FOR TOOLBARS.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report