Did you mean: 

Autocad and Windows Storage Server as file sharing

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
justin_nitsuj
691 Views, 1 Reply

Autocad and Windows Storage Server as file sharing

hi,

i've a client who have issues after migrating his file server to a NAS that is running on Windows Storage Server 2008.

Initially he is using a HP Workstation running on Windows NT for his file sharing and he face no issues with it.

After migrating to the new NAS, this issues surfaces for the first time and couldn't solve it.

Here's the scenario:

If 2 users (with Read and Write access) access to a DWG file concurrently, as in user 1 opens that file to do editing first and then user 2 opens up the file after that. BY RIGHT user 2 should be seeing READ-ONLY when he/she access that file which user 1 is already accessing, but no, both of them are able to edit the file and save it. And only the last person who saves the file gets his/her work saved as it overwrites the earlier saved file.

For some reason it only happens to DWG files and not other files such as Excel or Word.

Is there incompatibility with DWG files shared from Windows Storage Server or NTFS or DFS or any settings that can be done on the file?

Client is using AutoCAD LT 2008 and BrisCAD to access the DWG files.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: justin_nitsuj

The purpose of Autodesk Vault is to keep things like this from happening. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report