cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
379 Views, 9 Replies

Alienware

Does anyone have any experience with Alienware notebooks? I'm considering the Alienware Area 51m or Dell Inspiron 9100. Thanks, GLC
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Alienware notebooks are supposed to be great gaming rigs...
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

I have an Alienware desktop. Motherboard (ASUS) didn't last much more than a year. "George" wrote in message news:410ebae2_2@newsprd01... > Does anyone have any experience with Alienware notebooks? I'm considering > the Alienware Area 51m or Dell Inspiron 9100. > > Thanks, > GLC > >
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

alienware is more for gaming... they are quite pricie too... If i where you i would go with the classic Dell... I personally have a Dell Latitude and it has never failed me... i am running acad2005 and SDS/2 software... "George" wrote in message news:410ebae2_2@newsprd01... > Does anyone have any experience with Alienware notebooks? I'm considering > the Alienware Area 51m or Dell Inspiron 9100. > > Thanks, > GLC > >
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

They have workstations and mobile workstations now... -- Cory McConnell Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert www.mechanixdesigns.com
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

You could also try voodoopc.com they have good notebooks also.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

It doesn't look like they have any with nVidia Quadro cards. I maybe didn't dig deep enough though. -- Cory McConnell Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert www.mechanixdesigns.com "m-erickson" wrote in message news:5963230.1094657043670.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > You could also try voodoopc.com they have good notebooks also.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

I've got both. While the price was high - 3k for the laptop and 4k for the desktop, both are the fastest things I've ever seen. Tough to price compare the laptop but I looked at buying the components through googlegear for the desktop. It was about $1000 more from Alienware. The machine is beautiful and fast. I've called tech support on a couple of things and got a real person right away who spoke english and was very competent. I've built my last 2 machines and enjoyed it, but in reality it took a few days to get them assembled, loaded and configured. Other, more competent IT types would save some money with this approach I'm sure. If my company could afford a real IT guy or if I had more time I probably would have built it myself. There are certainly cheaper machines out there but I've never seen a better one or had better support. Alienware workstations are some of the best available. As is usually the case, the best is also the most expensive.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

How was the laptop? Looking at it for Inventor work. "Kurt Westerlund" wrote in message news:4182938e$1_2@newsprd01... > I've got both. While the price was high - 3k for the laptop and 4k for > the desktop, both are the fastest things I've ever seen. Tough to price > compare the laptop but I looked at buying the components through > googlegear for the desktop. It was about $1000 more from Alienware. > The machine is beautiful and fast. I've called tech support on a couple > of things and got a real person right away who spoke english and was > very competent. > > I've built my last 2 machines and enjoyed it, but in reality it took a > few days to get them assembled, loaded and configured. Other, more > competent IT types would save some money with this approach I'm sure. > If my company could afford a real IT guy or if I had more time I > probably would have built it myself. > > There are certainly cheaper machines out there but I've never seen a > better one or had better support. > > Alienware workstations are some of the best available. As is usually > the case, the best is also the most expensive.
Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

Simply amazing. The QuadroGo 1000 is a very fast vid card. Jeff O wrote: > How was the laptop? Looking at it for Inventor work. > > "Kurt Westerlund" wrote in message > news:4182938e$1_2@newsprd01... > >>I've got both. While the price was high - 3k for the laptop and 4k for >>the desktop, both are the fastest things I've ever seen. Tough to price >>compare the laptop but I looked at buying the components through >>googlegear for the desktop. It was about $1000 more from Alienware. >>The machine is beautiful and fast. I've called tech support on a couple >>of things and got a real person right away who spoke english and was >>very competent. >> >>I've built my last 2 machines and enjoyed it, but in reality it took a >>few days to get them assembled, loaded and configured. Other, more >>competent IT types would save some money with this approach I'm sure. >>If my company could afford a real IT guy or if I had more time I >>probably would have built it myself. >> >>There are certainly cheaper machines out there but I've never seen a >>better one or had better support. >> >>Alienware workstations are some of the best available. As is usually >>the case, the best is also the most expensive. > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report