Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3DCONFIG - AMD Radeon HD 6470M

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
treymixon
3509 Views, 3 Replies

3DCONFIG - AMD Radeon HD 6470M

Question submitted to the AutoCAD Graphics Team without any answer regarding their testing/certification.

I would like to know if the AMD Radeon HD 6470M is scheduled for testing and/or certification.  The AMD 6450M is listed as tested and fully certified.  A table or list of tested or graphics cards to be tested would be helpful.  The 6470 specifications exceed those of the 6450 and yet hardware and software acceleration, smoothing, shading, etc. are all listed as not available or not applicable.

Operating on Windows 7-64 bit - Product is AutoCAD LT 2013.

AMD Radeon HD 6470M Driver 8.17.0010.1065

Suggestions?  Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: treymixon

Being that your product is run by the same driver that is used for all the 6xxxM series, the certified driver for this card is 8.17.10.1077. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
pinelo.1
in reply to: treymixon

I have an HP pavilion g6 laptop with that grafics card, and lately the screen turns off and -on and the following message comes on " Display driver stopped responding and has recovered ", 

people told me to update the drivers but nothing worked plus I did a full recovery to the laptop and again nothing. Is it because it's not compatible to autocad 2012????

Message 4 of 4
RaoulM
in reply to: pinelo.1

Hello pinelo.1

the thread opener was talking about the Radeon HD 6470M and HD 6450M and you were telling that you are using the same graphics adapter, plaese specific more what kind of the both you are using.

The second important thing was  pointed by TravisNave, even to use the right and latest certified driver, please refer there fore perhaps the AMD/ATI webside/homepage to download and install the lastest one. 

The third point is perhaps to open your own thread to get the maximum of response to your related problem or question!

Your were not clearly talking about what kind of graphic adapter you are using and you are using also not the same

version from the Autodesk Software, so please why you are beginning to hijack this thread from treymixon?

And now the ever green of all: "Is your hardware supported, certified and is running smooth in the combination with Autodesk sfotware?" You can follow the link shown in the next line to clarify what is going on really for you.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?siteID=123112&id=18844534

There are three point you are able to check:

Recommended Hardware

Certified hardware

And plain All hardware

Perhaps you will find in one section the hardware you are using with Autocad 2012.

At least perhaps good to know, that a non recommended and certified hardware is also able to give you the 

abillity to work with your favorite Autodesk software but without any warranty and garanty from Autodesk that your setup will be matching without any fails and falses.

Spoiler
people told me to update the drivers but nothing worked plus I did a full recovery to the laptop and again nothing. Is it because it's not compatible to autocad 2012????

And this is related to the second point, updating the driver with the latest one and the one is matching well to work with the Autodesk software you are using ios not the same like a full recovery of the system and using then the driver that comes first by the recovery image or cd.

Please also good to know that notebooks and laptops have there own specific chipsets and in normal cases tey need the driver from the notebook or laptop vendor or manufacturer!!!! So it is not so easy to use a notebook or laptop 

computer with Autodesk hardware, as you are also able to assemble your own workstation. There fore your have more abillitys to get the newest driver for your graphics adapter and also this is highing up the chances to work right

and well with your favorite Autodesk Software. In my poor opinion you can through away 80 till 90 % of all problems 

by using the recommeded and certified hardware, but today there is a whole bunch of very powerful hardware 

out on the market that allows you if money is the cracking and impotortant point, to build very fine computer that allows you to use the most Autodesk software in a very smooth and well way. 

Kindly regards

RaoulM 

Let the colors shine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report