Community
Insight Energy Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Insight Energy Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Insight Energy topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"There is a problem with the energy analysis service" Message

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
anestorov
2371 Views, 23 Replies

"There is a problem with the energy analysis service" Message

Hello

When I try to run an energy analysis using Revit 2015 I get the following error:

"There is a problem with the energy analysis service. Unable to analyse. Please contact you Autodesk Service Representative."

Any hints?

Thanks.

Andrei

23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24
mstein7484
in reply to: anestorov

Are you able to login to the Green Building Studio website directly?
https://gbs.autodesk.com/GBS/

Regards,

Marjorie Stein
QA Analyst
Generative Design Group
Autodesk, Inc.

insight.support@autodesk.com
Message 3 of 24
anestorov
in reply to: mstein7484

Yes!

I did a sign out and sign in from inside Revit and the message went away.

Solved. 

Thanks. 

Message 4 of 24
basuo

Dear sir, I have same problem , although i logged out logged in but still the problem exist . please help. Thanks
Message 5 of 24
mstein7484
in reply to: basuo

Our apologies for the problem you have encountered. We are looking into the issue. Please try to run your analysis again.

Regards,

Marjorie Stein
QA Analyst
Generative Design Group
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 24
Jeremywheeless

I am working with a studio class that has a computer lab with Revit licenses available. 30 out of the 40 students are receiving the same error. A few could run their analysis after logging into GBS, but most still could not run the program. Out of the 10 that it worked for 5 had downloaded revit outside of class, but the rest have only created their education account online. Any suggestions?

Thank you 

Message 7 of 24

Hi,

We are working on this issue. Would you please ask your students to try running enargy analysis again and see if the issue is solved. I would appreciate if you could ask those who still have problem to send their account username to (mohammad.asl@autodesk.com). Our team needs the account information to be able to track their account issue.

Thanks.

Mohammad Asl
High Performance Building Design Researcher
Autodesk, Inc.
Insight360.support@autodesk.com
Message 8 of 24
NassimJ
in reply to: Mohammad_Asl

Hi,

The same issue got back again on Revit.

Is it an Autodesk problem?

Regards

Message 9 of 24
mstein7484

Hello,

The service was temporarily down earlier today, but is now available. Please try your analysis again.

Regards,

Marjorie Stein
QA Analyst
Generative Design Group
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 10 of 24
NassimJ

Yes thank you,

It's working again. Should we expect this problem in the future?

Message 11 of 24
mstein7484
in reply to: NassimJ

It is unlikely that you will encounter this issue again. Our apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Marjorie Stein
QA Analyst
Generative Design Group
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 12 of 24

I just encounter the same exact problem. Any possible solutions?

Message 13 of 24

Hi,

The service was down earlier today. Can you try again? Sorry about the frustration.

Regards,

Marjorie Stein
QA Analyst
Generative Design Group
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 14 of 24

I just tried again and I get the same problem. Is the service down once again?

Regards,

Message 15 of 24

Hello,

Are you still having problems with the service?

It sounds like the service was working for you until recently.

• Can you run the analysis with the Basic Sample file included with the Revit software installation (“rac_basic_sample_project.rvt”)? It will be in the Samples folder in the Revit installation directory “Program Files\Autodesk”
    • If you are able to run the analysis with the sample Revit file then it may be a problem with your model.
      • Do you see your Revit project in  Green Building Studio website?https://gbs.autodesk.com/ (Green Building Studio is the Energy Simulation service used by Revit). It should appear on the Projects list page.
      • If you see your Revit Project in the Green Building Studio website, click on it to open the runs list for that project.
      • Do you see any runs with error messages? If yes, can you mouse-over the red x and send us a screenshot of the error message?
  • If your project does not appear in the Green Building Studio website, can you send us the journal file for the model you are trying to analyze? C:\Users\%user%\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Revit\%version of Autodesk Revit%\Journals

Regards,

Marjorie Stein
QA Analyst
Generative Design Group
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 16 of 24

Hi,

I'm having trouble generating an Energy Model. This is the screenshot for the red X on the Green Building Studio webpage. Any idea on how to solve this?

image.png

Regards,

Fernando Maytorena

Message 17 of 24

Hi @fernandomaytorena

This error may indicate your model's coordinates are too far form the origin. In Revit go to manage, Coordinates, Specify coordinates a point, pick a point on the model and set N/S and E/W to 0,0.

Also go to the Energy Settings in the Energy Optimization panel in Revit and make sure the Energy Analytical Mode is set to "Use Conceptual Masses and Building Elements."

Go to this help topic for additional information: http://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2017/ENU/?guid=GUID-2043E09F-40E5-4155-AE28-134F62E54F54

Let us know if you have more questions on this topic, otherwise please accept as a solution so that others can benefit from this information.

Regards

Marjorie Stein
QA Analyst
Generative Design Group
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 18 of 24
st007209
in reply to: Mohammad_Asl

i m having a similar problem. 

is there a problem with the service ?

Message 19 of 24
krishnan.gowri
in reply to: st007209

The simulation service is working well, however you may have issues with your access to the service or the model you are trying to analyze. You can verify if your submitted model appears in the green building studio (gbs.autodesk.com).  If not, please let us know your account name and/or the model to insight.support@autodesk.com for further investigation.

Krishnan Gowri, Ph.D. FASHRAE, LEED AP
Principal Engineer
Generative Design Group
Message 20 of 24
st007209
in reply to: krishnan.gowri

no its not showing. 

Im trying with different models

i m using revit 2017 on parallels

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report