Community
Insight Energy Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Insight Energy Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Insight Energy topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome - how low can you go...building carbon footprint

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
pb-gbs
528 Views, 1 Reply

Welcome - how low can you go...building carbon footprint

I look forward to seeing how and where people use Green Building Studio. I'm one of the GBS'ers that Kyle refers to and hope I'll be able to add to the brain trust and learn from it. As a complement to Kyle, my background is in energy simulation and GBS, but I don't have the background he has in BIM (but I'm learning as fast as I can).

I'll be cruising the threads and hope to see what people are doing and how GBS in particular and our other tools in general help designers design create and analyze their schemes.

I'm particularly curious about how many people use carbon versus operating cost versus kWh/therms/kilojoules to evaluate their designs. I'm hopeful that we can reach the point where all designs are analyzed by some set of resource metrics very early in the process. I'm in favor of carbon and/or net energy and net water as a metric for looking at how designs are doing with respect to resource consumption.

That's it for now, Pat
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Mandelas
in reply to: pb-gbs

Hi,

I am newbie for GBS too, every new Green Building Studio customers can take advantage of a free 30-day trial period, it is great.

--------------------------------------
autodesk catghost

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report