Community
Insight Energy Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Insight Energy Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Insight Energy topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpectedly your local Energy Analysis Results data has become corrupt

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jessicaashworth2808
599 Views, 2 Replies

Unexpectedly your local Energy Analysis Results data has become corrupt

I am trying to run an Energy Simulation in Revit 2014 - I get the following error:

Unexpectedly your local Energy Analysis Results data has become corrupt.  Please make sure the internet is available and restart the application to try again. C:\users\.....\Appdata\Roaming\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit 2014\CEA\DB\settingResults.xml

I have browsed to locate the settingResults.xml file as indicated in the file path in the error message.  It doesn't exist there is only a file called settingResults_old.xml

Before I ran the simulation I got a message saying the simulation tools were being updated and I have also resently install revit 2015.  I was wondering if this may have something to do with the problem and if anyone could assist?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi Jessica,

I’m very sorry for the inconvenience. I’m not sure why this would have happened but it’s easily fixed. Just take the following steps:

• Close Revit
  • Go to the ..\CEA\DB folder you referenced below and delete everything in it (don’t worry – you will get it all back)
  • Restart Revit, make you are signed in and then go to Energy Analysis and open Results & Compare (it’ll tell you it’s updating again)
  • When Results & Compare restarts you will see its empty so then just press the ‘Restore’ button and your results will be downloaded again. Depending on how many simulation results you have this might take a bit of time.

That should put you all back to normal.

Just so you know what’s happening here 1) While the simulations are run and stored in the cloud on Green Building Studio the results are also downloaded to your local machine in the cache folder which is what Results & Compare displays. 2) Because the features are cloud based we can do certain software updates without actually changing Revit. The most recent update added our new ‘Project Solon’ capabilities to Results & compare which provides more interactive, customizable charts. To find out more about this you can check out this BPA Blog post.

I hope this helps. Apologies again for the inconvenience. If you have any other difficulties or would even like to share your thoughts on the tools, how you are using them and what you would like to see please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

Ian

Ian Molloy
Product Manager
Message 3 of 3

Thanks Ian - your prompt response was fantastic and the problem is now resolved and working perfectly

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report