Community
Insight Energy Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Insight Energy Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Insight Energy topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too much floor and ceiling area error...

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
adrianna.slusarenko
2984 Views, 9 Replies

Too much floor and ceiling area error...

Problems were encountered with the building information model you sent to Green Building Studio.  See below for details.

1. There is too much floor and ceiling area in the gbXML file received by Green Building Studio:

• Floor and ceiling area = 2,928 m2
    • Building area = 2,365 m2

The floor and ceiling area must be within 20% of the building area to perform meaningful energy analysis.

Note: Typically this problem occurs when room or space objects are not properly defined in your Revit model. Check that all interior volumes in your model contain room or space objects that are fully enclosed by floors, walls, roofs or other room bounding elements. See Using Green Building Studio with Revit Architecture and Revit MEP for helpful details on room and space objects. To inspect the analytical model of the gbXML file in Revit 2010, click Export > gbXML on the Revit application menu and explore the details tab.
  2. Construction id=ASHIF5 could cause simulation failures.

Has anyone seen this and/or know how to fix it? 

Thank you,

Adrianna

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Hi

Have you tried following the tips in the error message? Check that all interior volumes in your model contain room or space objects that are fully enclosed by floors, walls, roofs or other room bounding elements. To inspect the analytical model of the gbXML file in Revit, click Export > gbXML on the Revit application menu and explore the details tab.

Best Regards,

Marjorie Stein

Autodesk

Marjorie Stein
QA Analyst
Generative Design Group
Autodesk, Inc.

insight.support@autodesk.com
Message 3 of 10

Yes, I have redone it several times, and it still says that there is too much floor and ceiling area...

Message 4 of 10

Is it possible that you provide your RVT or gbxml file so that we can analyze this?

Message 5 of 10
devin.shea
in reply to: barrytsai

Dear Autodesk Lady,

I am having this same nightmare. My problem more specifically is that all rooms have a room object and name. I am working on my students project. He is using walls that are tilted, created from face based geometry. Due to this fact his walls were not registering as bounding walls. We used room seperation lines to create the spaces. I then deleted the tilted walls, and created straight walls. I am still having the same issue. Can you possibly give us a better clue rather than repeating the error message?

What floor to ceiling ratio does this mean?  It does not make any sense. Does this mean there are less spaces than actual square footage?

Revit Instructor

Message 6 of 10
mstein7484
in reply to: devin.shea

Can you provide me the Revit file and the exported gbXML file?

Regards,

Marjorie Stein
QA Analyst
Generative Design Group
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 10
o.angarita
in reply to: mstein7484

I have the same problem. Can you help us??.. Explain what this error means please!!
Message 8 of 10
mstein7484
in reply to: o.angarita

Hello,

Please provide us with the gbXML file exported from Revit and we can further diagnose the issue.

Regards,

Marjorie Stein
QA Analyst
Generative Design Group
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 10
o.angarita
in reply to: mstein7484

Hello everybody,

I could solve my problem. The problem was that each of my floor slabs were slightly below the level of the finished, for this reason the program was doubling my ceiling areas.

regards!

Message 10 of 10
mstein7484
in reply to: o.angarita

If you are uploading an xml file directly to GBS try performing the energy analysis from within Revit instead.

Regards,

Marjorie Stein
QA Analyst
Generative Design Group
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report