Community
Insight Energy Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Insight Energy Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Insight Energy topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some question to GBS SUPPORT

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mohamed.hkhater
336 Views, 1 Reply

Some question to GBS SUPPORT

i have some questions

1-which data transfered through gbxml file

2-when making  lighting alternative why i cant edit

(Equipment Power Density Value-Light Power Density Value-Equipment Efficiency-Number of People-Occupancy-Daylighting Control-Occupancy Sensor)

3-in photovoltic analyses each surface has an ID how can i find this surface in my revit model

4- HOW CAN I USE VRML 3D VIEW ( Which plag in to use it)

THANKS

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi Mohamed,

Please find my response to your questions below. Feel free to ask for more detail on my responses:

1. Which data transfered through gbxml file?

gbXML file contains the building information necessary for an advanced energy simulation as well as the results from the Autodesk Green Building Studio simulation. Please see gbXML Model Geometry  on BPA help for more information on this. Please see gbXML Schema Support for information on the structure of gbXML files. You can find more on this on http://www.gbxml.org/. 

2. When making lighting alternative why I can't edit? (Equipment Power Density Value-Light Power Density Value-Equipment Efficiency-Number of People-Occupancy-Daylighting Control-Occupancy Sensor)

That functionality is not yet enabled. You can change these parameters in the Project Defaults section of GBS Classic. See here for more help. We will release on Project Solon Runsests in a few weeks which makes this very simple and easy to use.

3. In photovoltic analyses each surface has an ID how can i find this surface in my revit model?

Go to result and Compare tab in Revit and open it. On the menu bar, click Open and Design Review (See below)

Design Review.jpg

Link to instal Design Review. You can see the surfaces with their IDs in Design Review on your model. 

4- HOW CAN I USE VRML 3D VIEW ( Which plug in to use it)?

Please find more information on Export VRML File. Opening the VRML file requires a VRML Viewer program that is available for free, such as the free Cortona VRML client for Windows® operating systems, and the FreeWRL VRML/X3D Viewer at www.apple.com for Mac® operating systems to view these files.

Here to help if additional clarification is needed, otherwise please accept as a solution so that others can benefit from this information.

Mohammad Asl
High Performance Building Design Researcher
Autodesk, Inc.
Insight360.support@autodesk.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report