Green Building Studio

fsguevarajr
Message 1 of 1 (699 Views)

Limits of GBS

699 Views, 0 Replies
07-26-2010 03:00 AM

Hi, I'm currently running a trial of GBS and been trying to run a 50 storey building (500,000+ sq ft). Along the way, I have encountered errors on the DOE-2.2 simulation part but was able to successfully run it through trial and error. One error was the limit of number of spaces per zone. It appears that GBS/DOE-2.2 doesn't like many spaces in one zone. Another error was the zone names itself. GBS/DOE-2.2 doesn't like long zone names.

My question is: Do you have a document showing or explaining the rules or limitations of GBS when it comes to modelling in Revit MEP. Currently, I'm guessing on how many spaces per zone are allowed. I have limited it to 30 spaces per zone. This is also true about the zone naming. I'm limiting it to less than 12 characters. 

I would like to know these rules/limits so that I can correct the revit model even before I send it to GBS. This will save us time as one simulation takes 3 to 4 hrs due to the complexity of the architectural model. Before it took us 5 hours but in the end GBS just returned an error on the number of spaces per zone.

Thanks in advance.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Ask the Community