Community
Insight Energy Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Insight Energy Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Insight Energy topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limits of GBS

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
fsguevarajr
904 Views, 0 Replies

Limits of GBS

Hi, I'm currently running a trial of GBS and been trying to run a 50 storey building (500,000+ sq ft). Along the way, I have encountered errors on the DOE-2.2 simulation part but was able to successfully run it through trial and error. One error was the limit of number of spaces per zone. It appears that GBS/DOE-2.2 doesn't like many spaces in one zone. Another error was the zone names itself. GBS/DOE-2.2 doesn't like long zone names.

My question is: Do you have a document showing or explaining the rules or limitations of GBS when it comes to modelling in Revit MEP. Currently, I'm guessing on how many spaces per zone are allowed. I have limited it to 30 spaces per zone. This is also true about the zone naming. I'm limiting it to less than 12 characters. 

I would like to know these rules/limits so that I can correct the revit model even before I send it to GBS. This will save us time as one simulation takes 3 to 4 hrs due to the complexity of the architectural model. Before it took us 5 hours but in the end GBS just returned an error on the number of spaces per zone.

Thanks in advance.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report