Community
Insight Energy Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Insight Energy Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Insight Energy topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GBS updates infinitely then fails to run

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ouspensky
308 Views, 1 Reply

GBS updates infinitely then fails to run

What happens is a send a model into GBS and a prompt that says "upadating energy analysis software" appears and then i wait and wait all night and when i come in the next morning Revit is crashed. I restart the whole cycle begins again.

1. what causes this?

2. how to fix it?

3. can cloud services even be used in China at all?

this is my first time to use GBS and it has been a disappointing exp.  it reinforces every doubt i had about the usefulness of cloud technology

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Mohammad_Asl
in reply to: ouspensky

Hi,

Sorry for the problem. This is a very rare case and I need your help to solve it. First of all make sure that you are signed in on your Revit before running energy analysis. 

If you are signed in and the same thing happens (It should not take more than a few minutes to update) make sure that your AppData (C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData) folder is not mapped to a network drive. Revit does not support this scenario. 

If this does not solve your problem, please go to your Revit.exe folder (C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit 2014 or 2015) and send us the journal###.txt file so we  can find out what is happening.

Mohammad Asl
High Performance Building Design Researcher
Autodesk, Inc.
Insight360.support@autodesk.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report