Community
Insight Energy Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Insight Energy Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Insight Energy topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Floor area calculated via Green Building Studio different from H/C analysis?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
amontri
893 Views, 6 Replies

Floor area calculated via Green Building Studio different from H/C analysis?

Why is it that the floor area for my building determined by Green Building Studio is different (one half) than the floor area determined by the Heating and Cooling Loads Analysis?  Should they not be the same?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mstein7484
in reply to: amontri

Can you provide screenshots of the results?

Regards,

Marjorie Stein
QA Analyst
Generative Design Group
Autodesk, Inc.

insight.support@autodesk.com
Message 3 of 7
phillip.mcneill

Hi,
Just wondering if you've resolved this? I have the same issue - Load Report says 130.09sq.m. (correct) and GBS says 62sq.m.

Thanks
Message 4 of 7
amontri
in reply to: phillip.mcneill

Hi,

I don't know if I've resolved it, but I've added more buildings and for some reason now both GBS and the Load Report give back about the same sq meter area:  Loads Report says 10,090 sq meters and GBS says 9,813 sq meters.  It's not exact, but at least it's not half!  

Message 5 of 7
phillip.mcneill

Thanks for that - weird. If anyone has any idea what's happening here I'd greatly appreciate it.

Message 6 of 7
hbie

Hello, I have a similar issue here. My building gross floor area is cut to half when in GBS. It is 7 years we are still looking for a method to address this issue.

Message 7 of 7
iebarnett

Hello, I am having the opposite problem, my building area went from about 16000 to 22852, and this happened when I changed my roof in revit from a flat roof to a sloped roof. If there is another way to resolve this without changing my roof back to flat pls let me know.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report