Our apologies for the frustrations. FYI, many Green Building Studio issues are discussed in the Knowledge Base. www.autodesk.com/ecotect-analysis-support.
For this particular error with the Green Building Studio Desktop Client.
1. Did you download the new client (posted on April 2, 2010)? The old clients no longer work.
2. Are you using the correct login credentials? As of April 2, 2010, Green Building Studio integrated with Autodesk Single Sign On, the authentication system. You should have received your new login information from us as that time. Check your spam folder if you don't see the email.
3. Are able to log directly into Green Building Studio, but not the Desktop Client? www.greenbuildingstudio.com
4. If yes, please make sure the time clock on your computer is synchronized with an internet time server.
This article covers how to synchronize your computer clock if you are using Windows XP: http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/windows_date_it_overview.mspx?mfr=true.
This article is for users of Windows Vista: http://www.windowsreference.com/windows-vista/how-to-sync-vista-pc-with-an-internet-clock/
For computers using Windows 7: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/Set-the-clock
Windows 8 article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307897
5. It may also be a firewall or proxy issue which is blocking you from receiving a reqeust Token back from the Green Building Studio servers. You may need to work with your IT department to verify if there is a firewall preventing you from logging in successfully.
Marjorie Stein Product Manager Green Building Studio Autodesk, Inc.