Green Building Studio

Jtenn1234
Message 1 of 2 (317 Views)

Does exterior wall information export in gbXML?

317 Views, 1 Replies
07-17-2013 12:13 PM

I want to analyze a building with significantly different material properties between the first and second floors (i.e. solid concrete vs. wood framing).  Is it necessary for wall material information to be accurate in Revit before I export the gbXML file? Other than volume, what other parameters need to be set in Revit for an effective energy analysis?

Employee
mstein7484
Message 2 of 2 (300 Views)

Re: Does exterior wall information export in gbXML?

07-22-2013 10:02 AM in reply to: Jtenn1234

It is not necessary for your wall constructions to be detailed in order to get useful energy analysis results with your Revit model. Your model can be conceptual. All that is needed for a reasonable energy result are the model itself( geometry, etc.,), buidling type, and location. The other parameters are automatically assigned, based upon reasonable defaults for new constructions by using ASHRAE baseline standards and other references. See this blog posting for more details. Default Inputs for Revit and Vasari Energy Analysis

Marjorie Stein
QA Analyst
Green Building Studio
Autodesk, Inc.

bpa.team@autodesk.com

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Ask the Community