Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

"Oops! No Internet!"

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Roland12345
596 Views, 9 Replies

"Oops! No Internet!"

Ever since I started using the Fusion 360 trial, after my MacBook would wake from sleep the message "Oops! No Internet!" would flash for a second, but then everything would work fine. Lately, the message stays there, and the only way I can use the program is to quit and relaunch it. Seeing as how the need to preserve power makes sleeping essential on a notebook, this has rendered Fusion nearly useless for me, so I've stopped using it.

Apple does have an issue with reconnecting to wifi after sleep that has been well documented on Apple user forums. But even when my wifi is working properly upon waking (verified by using other programs) Fusion either can't connect or thinks it can't.

Anybody else having this problem? Thanks.

MacBook Pro / 8 GB / Sierra 10.12.6
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
jakefowler
in reply to: Roland12345

Hi Roland,

Very sorry to hear about this problem, weā€™ll take a look into this. Generally Fusion 360 should be able to detect when internet connectivity is restored, and bring you back online smoothly, so weā€™ll need to figure out why this isnā€™t happening for you. Do you have a rough idea of when you started seeing this problem? (just so we can check if this might have coincided with any server/software update)

Many thanks for reporting this,

Jake

Jake Fowler
Principal Experience Designer
Fusion 360
Autodesk

Message 3 of 10
Roland12345
in reply to: jakefowler

Hi Jake. Yes, it did seem to coincide with the latest update. As I said, however, that "Oops!" message always has flashed on the screen for a second when the computer wakes. Is that normal? Thanks.

Message 4 of 10
jakefowler
in reply to: Roland12345

Hi Roland,

Many thanks for the extra info. I donā€™t think that previous behaviour is ā€˜normalā€™, but could be related to Fusion 360 trying to re-establish the connection with the server. When you wake & activate the Fusion window, is the message already there? Or are you seeing Dashboard > Offline message > Dashboard after waking?

Our development team are looking into the issue now, and are evaluating some ways to improve the reconnection mechanism, so weā€™ll try to get this problem resolved as soon as possible.

Iā€™m afraid we havenā€™t found a ā€˜quick fixā€™ for now, but we will let you know if we have any suggestions. 

Does offline mode work if you click the button when the message appears? Offline mode will save your file(s) locally, and will update your versions when Fusion 360 re-establishes a connection to the server. So if you are working on a model when this problem occurs, you can continue working on this (and other files you have cached locally) in offline mode until you need to make use of the online dashboard functionality. Obviously this isnā€™t ideal, but this might make Fusion 360 usable when this issue occurs.

Thanks again for reporting this, and sorry again for the trouble,

Jake

Jake Fowler
Fusion 360
Autodesk

Message 5 of 10
Roland12345

When the MacBook wakes, I do see the normal dashboard for an instant; then
the "No Internet/Okay, take me offline" message covers it up. Funny, after
I last posted here all of a sudden it went back to its original behavior:
first dashboard, then "No Internet" for a second, then back to properly
functioning dashboard. That only lasted for a short time, however, and now
I'm back to the "No Internet" message staying in place. This morning I
discovered that if, with the "No Internet" message on the screen, I make
the MacBook sleep again and then wake it, the message will disappear after
a second and Fusion will function normally. Moreover, if the computer goes
to sleep while I'm actually working on a design (as opposed to working with
dashboard), there is no problem with sleeping/waking. This makes sense, I
suppose, because then I'm using the program that is installed on my machine
as opposed to something that is in the cloud.
Here is one of the Apple Support Communities discussions of the
no-wifi-on-wake problem:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5495375?start=0&tstart=0
I'm not sure whether this has anything to do with the problem I'm having
with Fusion. Mac users have reported that turning off Bluetooth prevents
it, and I have verified that. However, it doesn't prevent the Fusion
problem that I am seeing.
Yes, I can work offline if I'm designing something, but right now I've
moved more toward trying to figure out how the dashboard/cloud/360 thing
can be used to manage jobs in my shop, so connection problems leave me dead
in the water. Thanks Jake.
Message 6 of 10
Oceanconcepts

I've just experienced this "oops, no internet message without my iMac going to sleep or having any interruption in internet access, which is hardwired/ethernet. I'm now "offline" according to Fusion.  Problem is, I need to access a part I have online, and I don't know how to force a connection to be made, or if I quit and restart if I will lose my ability to work on what I had open.  I verified I can connect to Autodesk and open Fusion on another machine, so this seems like a bug of some sort.

Tried quitting to see if I could reconnect, and Fusion was unable to quit successfully. 

Submitted CER_93466764

- Ron

Mostly Mac- currently M1 MacBook Pro

Message 7 of 10
jakefowler
in reply to: Oceanconcepts

Many thanks for these extra details, Roland and Ron, really appreciate it. These will certainly help us assessing & resolving the issue.

Weā€™re trying to make some changes to the way Fusion 360 determines online status on Mac (the way we handle this type of message is different between Windows and OS X), trying to avoid the possibility of encountering a ā€˜stuck in offlineā€™ situation. Itā€™s usually best if we can consistently reproduce an issue here to verify a fix, but unfortunately it hasnā€™t been possible to do so in this case - however, we're obviously doing what we can to test this scenario & validate any changes.

Thanks very much again, and weā€™ll get in touch if we have any updates.

Kind regards,

Jake

Jake Fowler
Fusion 360
Autodesk

Message 8 of 10
Oceanconcepts

To follow on, after restarting Fusion I was back up with no difficulties or lost data. 

- Ron

Message 9 of 10
Oceanconcepts

Just FYI, I got this "no internet" message again, with a stable connection at 25 Mbps. Fusion crashed on trying to quit.  If it helps: 

CER_93793504

- Ron

Message 10 of 10
MrLoring
in reply to: Oceanconcepts

I just incountered this also.  It flashed, went away and then I was able to work.  Although I have been having some weird problems with my sketches, I don't know if the two items are related.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report