Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fusion takes a long time to open and save/close files

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
cekuhnen
1210 Views, 11 Replies

fusion takes a long time to open and save/close files

I just noticed that recently when opening and closing designs Fusion is quite takeing its time to for example save and quite the software.

Can this be improved?

Claas Kuhnen

Faculty Industrial Design – Wayne State Universit

Chair Interior Design – Wayne State University

Owner studioKuhnen – product : interface : design

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
thburn
in reply to: cekuhnen

Hi,

I face the same problems. It takes almost over 30 seconds until one of my designs get opened.

Message 3 of 12
cekuhnen
in reply to: thburn

That is pretty much the same time I have - this is way to long, also for saving and closing the application which can take over one minute and longer.

Claas Kuhnen

Message 4 of 12
filo.filiberti

I thought I had problems. I manage a classroom with 26 computers and sometimes the wait is in the order of minutes!

Fabio

Message 5 of 12
cekuhnen
in reply to: filo.filiberti

I have not experienced that last semester - it was more an issue that the software crashed too much to be usable in a class room with new students. I have to check what the current situation is. We teach CAD only once a year - sadly.

Claas Kuhnen

Message 6 of 12
filo.filiberti

I have two classes ...
On simple models are unable to work well.
The problem is that when the software falls and the student asks you why! You do not know what to answer.

Fabio

Message 7 of 12
Helmi74

same here. Loading up fusion sometimes already takes long until the dashboard appears and also actions in the dashboard often are slow (while the internet connection is quite well at this time).

But definitely loading or saving files and quitting takes way too long.

This is an overall performance experience that needs to improve i think. As crashes aren't _that_ frequent anymore with latest versions i think this is one of the next big points (besides missing features).

---
Frank / @helmi

Established 1974. Internet addicted since 1994. Collector of Kudos.
Message 8 of 12

We are closely following this thread and looking in to what could be the cause for this sudden slowness. I would just like to confirm if the slowness issue is something that you are experiencing in the past week or it is an echo of your general experience with Fusion thus far? 

Also any other information that you can share like files that now takes a long time for you to save/open etc can be sent to rajkumarDOTilanchelianATautodeskDOTcom

Regards,

-Raj.

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 9 of 12

Generally it is a bit 'too slow.

In these last two weeks is very slow.

I'll send you via email the project that we are developing in class.

Fabio

Message 10 of 12

When I click open document I can count till 7 till even the open document text opens and I can count till 57 till the document is even open.

Closing it was faster. Re-opening shows the same time needed.

The file is local so something else makes this extremely painful to nearly wait a minute to open a file.

Attached is the model I tested: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byzv_NlyKp_2OHZRQ2tYdGJVYk0/edit?usp=sharing

Claas Kuhnen

Message 11 of 12

Thanks for sharing the project  and design files. I was able to record some timing on the file open and have asked our development team to take a quick look at this. Performance improvements is definitely high on our list and any information that we can get from the field helps immensely. I will keep this thread updated on what we find.  

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 12 of 12
thburn

Hu kumarra,

this is an overall feeling not related to some days in the past. The problem still persists.

Please take a look also at following thread:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Get-Help-with-Fusion-360/General-Performance/td-p/4919694

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report