Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uneven TS to Brep transformation

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
cekuhnen
201 Views, 2 Replies

Uneven TS to Brep transformation

This car body was modeled in Blender with using a mirror tool so each half side is 100% identical.

The TS object in Fusion looks also even however the Brep model as you can see has different patch

layouts left and right:

Screen Shot 2013-12-06 at 2.14.05 PM.pngScreen Shot 2013-12-06 at 2.14.40 PM.png

Most of the layout is correct but specifically the roof part is uneven.

Any idea why this happens? It should not.

This also happens if I only import one side of the OBJ file mirror it with TS Mirror and convert to Brep.

Claas

Claas Kuhnen

Faculty Industrial Design – Wayne State Universit

Chair Interior Design – Wayne State University

Owner studioKuhnen – product : interface : design

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
deyop
in reply to: cekuhnen

The problem appears because the conversion command is not aware of symmetry.  The method by which it converts does not take that into account.  Surprisingly I would imagine the tolerance is the same on both sides.  This is an important problem.  We are working on an enhancement for Convert that would allow you to specify specific edges to be maintained during the conversion however to address this would require additional information provided when the command initiated.  

There are a couple of possible workaround.  First you could convert half the T-Spline and then mirror or you could take the current conversion, split the body and then mirror.

I think this is an important issue for downstream parametric operations.  

Message 3 of 3
deyop
in reply to: deyop

I just learned from development that we may have a fix for this problem.  Still need to do some investigating but we may be able to maintain symmetry.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report