I am trying to shell a solid body, but when entering reasonable thickness, I get and error "Modeling Error: Tweak results in no solution for an edge"
How am I supposed to understand what this means, adn what needs fixing to allow me to successfully shell the solid.
Any chane you can upload your model or a sample one so that I can try the exact steps at my end?
Just a couple of suggestions from past experience, for whatever they are worth in your situation:
Did the originating shape come from T-splines? If so, have you checked the shape in box mode to make sure there are not intersecting surfaces?
The shell tool in Fusion does not seem tremendously robust- from what I gather it's trying to be very precise. If you are starting with a T-spline body it has worked better for me to use the Thicken option on the T-splines, then convert.
27" iMac Core i5, OS 10.8
Can you send the part file for us to look at? Ron's suggestions are a great work around to get the same part but your file might have some other issues that we need to look at. Shell command should be successful and can work after converting intersecting T-Splines bodies into solid bodies.
You can export the file from preferences. If you do not want to post the file to the community; send the file to me at email@example.com and I will take a look at it. If the file is too large to email, you can either add me to your group (use my Autodesk email) or I can send you a FTP location to upload the file.
If you have parts where shell fails, can you send those to me?
I have sent you an invitation for the group.
In designs / halo helmet / helmetMeshTest v4_preshell
This is the same file I have issues with causing crashes during scaling.
As it is a solid created inside fusion 360 from a mesh via stitch, I had expected any problems to be shook out during the stitch itself.
Any discovery appreciated.
Thanks for adding me your group! I support you love of Halo!!!! Great game!
Can you email the .SMT file you imported or send me a URL and I will get it? The translation report shows that the file import was successful but Fusion does not like imported the geometry. The first clue is the "no go" symbol on the body icon showing in the browser. Fusion is calling this a body but I can't select it in canvas.
That was tricky how you were able to select the sick body in the browser first THEN select shell. We will need to fix that one.
We can look into the import of the .SMT file and see if the >SMT geometry was just bad to begin with.
See this thread, and this link where a kind autodesk employee helped me get a conversion from a max file into fusion in the first place ( something I have got no where near repeating with any other max model, but I understand how most max models are more graphical in nature )