Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There is no thread standard i need.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
serg4172
698 Views, 3 Replies

There is no thread standard i need.

I am making DSLR accesory which should be fixed to the lens. Every lengs has a thread where you can put on filters or hoods. I am working on adapters. Every adapter has the same thread that match accessory an on the other side different for every lens. starting from 42mm-67mm

First prototype adapteк Ш make for Canon EFS lenses with ø58mm. And thread there is M58x0.75. But I cannot find it in threads proprties. Because it is not a standard probably. 

How do I make M58x0.75 thread?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
haughec
in reply to: serg4172

You can use the Coil command to create threads that are not offered by the Thread command.  Create a hole or cylinder, and use the triangular section in the Coil command to cut threads.  Note: the measurements for triangular (and square) cross-sections are a bit unintuitive and require a bit of manual calculation at the moment, but this will be addressed in the next release - likely in the next week or so.

A question to you and the group regarding uncommon thread sizes: do you typically expect your design application to offer ALL thread types/sizes/designations, or would you be comfortable with the ability to create your own table of threads for use in your designs?

Thanks, 

Charles Haughey
Fusion 360 User Experience Architect
Message 3 of 4
serg4172
in reply to: haughec

Thank you fo hint I'll try it an let you know.

The theads library is great. But in addition there should be Custom threads option that will show aditional fields. I can configure and save. Later use my custom thread.

This way we keep both the current m,ethod with is really great and new one right inside current threads properties form. With ability to manually set thread size and also create my own threads collection.

I am working with DSLR lenses. And all filter threads ther are none ISO standard. 

Message 4 of 4
andypjohnson
in reply to: serg4172

I work in optics/photonics and frequently use non-standard (all iso-metric form) thread sizes. It would be great if you could just enter the the thread size and pitch, eg M25 x 0.5. I have done it manually on one of the Beta versions, but was a bit tricky.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report