Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symmetry loss

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Oceanconcepts
188 Views, 1 Reply

Symmetry loss

I have noticed that certain actions- in my case using the Match command to map one open end of a T-Spline to a solid cylinder- result in the loss of symmetry- even if it seems this should not be the case with the geometry. It's then necessary to manually reapply symmetry.  If you overlook this (easy to miss) it can result in problems.  It seems to me if an action will cause symmetry to be removed for a T-Spline body, there should be a warning so you can either halt the action or know to reapply symmetry afterwards.

- Ron

Mostly Mac- currently M1 MacBook Pro

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jakefowler
in reply to: Oceanconcepts

Hi Ron,

The idea of having a warning when symmetry gets lost is a very good one - in fact, it’s something we discussed internally just this week. We’re working with the development team to see how we might be able to implement this.

As you mention, unfortunately Match isn’t currently able to maintain body symmetry. From my understanding it would likely take some development work to support this, but it’s certainly something worthy of consideration. I’ll raise this with the team, but if you’re able to, it’s defintely worthwhile adding an item for this in the IdeaStation as well.

Many thanks!

Jake

Jake Fowler
Principal Experience Designer
Fusion 360
Autodesk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report