Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

School Lab Licensing

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
JDMather
589 Views, 3 Replies

School Lab Licensing

How is school lab licensing handled with Fusion 360?

I want to start using in our school labs, but not sure what we need to do for install/licensing.

Is there a small client that is installed on local machine?

We have a program called Deep Freeze that returns any lab computer to original ghosted set-up when rebooted.

Could this be a problem?

Our students have Autodesk Student Community accounts. http:\\www.autodesk.com/edcommunity

Ref:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Get-Help-with-Fusion-360/edcuation-licensing/m-p/3934577/highlight/tru...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
philip.s
in reply to: JDMather

Hi JD!

While Fusion 360 will be free for students, I'm not quite 100% as to the specifics (or if they are available) and am in the process of finding out for you. 

Have you done any previous testing with the Deep Freeze software and a single machine running Fusion 360?

Message 3 of 4
schneik-adsk

We have been working with universities and have a solution for labs. It is OK but not great.

We are updating the process in the comming weeks to be easier.

I will ask Chris Hall in the education team to talk you throught the details how we deply into the lab.

As far as licensing/cost, the seats for the school and students are free.

Kevin Schneider
Message 4 of 4
ChrisHall

JD

Please email me directly so I can get you all the information you need to run Fusion 360 in the classroom.

Chris

chris.hall@autodesk.com

Chris Hall
Inventor Product Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report