Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OS X behavior change

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
cptwinder
1167 Views, 9 Replies

OS X behavior change

I haven't been able to figure out what exactly is causing this; but, it has been plaguing me my entire session tonight.

When I first load my model I have the following behaviors:

Pointer is standard pointing

View Cube is usable

Pointer over the view cube as a cube badge

Two finger swipe pans

Pinch zooms

Then at some point things switch to:

Pointer has the cube badge as if it is over the view cube

View Cube seems stuck active, regardless of where the pointer is; however, I can not manipulate it.

Two finger swipe now zooms

Pinch does nothing

I have tried to hiting [esc] several times but it doesn't get out of this mode. I am able to continue working on my design as long as I use the tools at the bottom to spin. zoom. pan, etc. The only thing I have been found to get back the normal behavior is to close the design and reload it.

Thank you!!

Jeremy

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
kingson138
in reply to: cptwinder

Hi if you are using Apple + magic mouse or Blue Tooth trackpad, and in the middle of your session the blue tooth disconnected and reconnected again your gesture will be wrong. You will have to restart Fusion360 to make it work again. If you are not using Blue Tooth then it is something else. If you are using Blue Tooth, please change over to the regular wired three button mouse with a wheel. You will like it more. Actually you can confirm this strange behaviour by turning off the Magic Mouse of Blue Tooth Trackpad during the session, then turn it on again. A good way to test it. Hope it helps.

Regards,
Kingson
Using Apple computers
Message 3 of 10
jakefowler

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for reporting this! I think you’ve uncovered a genuine issue here.  I was able to reproduce this (although I’m struggling to now… haven’t determined exactly what triggers it yet). I’ll try to get this reproducible so that the development team can debug this, and hopefully we’ll be able to resolve this in an update.

I also haven’t yet been able to identify a way to fix this without closing & reopening the design, but if I do, I’ll post an update here.

And thanks for the helpful advice Kingson! I reproduced the ViewCube issue without a Bluetooth device attached, so this might actually be a separate issue. We’re also following up on the issue you mentioned.

Thanks!
Jake

Jake Fowler
Principal Experience Designer
Fusion 360
Autodesk

Message 4 of 10
cptwinder
in reply to: kingson138

I am not using a Bluetooth device, just the trackpad on my MacBook Pro.

Message 5 of 10
kingson138
in reply to: jakefowler

Hi Jake, I finally got the Fusion 360 connection back. I deleted the last reply. OK. I put the BlueTooth Trackpad back on to test the issues. I found that the issues are  still there.

Unlike Jeremy where He could just restart the file, I had to restart the program to get the proper gesture back.  This is the simple flow I used to test it, I believe this is reproducible:

1) I turned on the trackpad, all connected by Bluetooth. I then used the Trackpad to start Fusion360 and opened a file called "Tree"

2) The Gesture I set (in Apple Preference): "Two finger slide" will Pan the Object, pinching will Zoom the object.

3) I then turned off the Trackpad in the session. Then turned it back on. I did not use the VIEW CUBE before I turned off the Trackpad.

4) Now "Two Finger slide"  became "Zoom", and pinching did not have any effect.

5) I closed the file and opened again.. Same wrong gesture, no change.

6) I closed all, closed Fusion360 and restarted again,

7) The proper gesture came back. "Two finger Slide" will pan the object, and pinching will zoom the object.

Try it. This issue is still there.

Regards,
Kingson
Using Apple computers
Message 6 of 10
cptwinder

Some additional information.

I'm continuing to have the problem tonight. If I continue to work long enough the problem will go away for a bit, then come back. I have been paying close attention to when it happens and so far tonight every time it has happened it has been immediately after I used the View Cube to rotate the model.

Hope this helps track it down,

Jeremy

Message 7 of 10
cptwinder

An update...

I quit having the issue after turning off "Use Gesture-based View Navigation" in preferences and restarting Fusion 360. Tomorrow I'll turn it back on and ensure the problem comes back.

Jeremy

Message 8 of 10
kingson138

Hi Jeremy, this problem had been here since the days of "Inventor Fusion Technology." I noticed that these kinds of issues in Fusion 360 might not be solved until a long time from now. To get around that I truly suggest you not to use the Cube, use the short cut key. Pressing SHIFT and using two or three finger slide (depending on what you set on the Apple Preference for trackpad) will do the same thing. The View Cube always has problems but you can continue working without using it. I have to use Fusion to do commercial work everyday and it also crashes everyday. I just did not report that but I found ways to get around it. That is why I am using Wow Pen Joy verticle mouse instead.

I still use the Shift Plus Center Wheel for rotation. At least that works for the last few months. Using a mouse designed for designers is actually more accurate and good for the hand and arm. Let Jake solves the problem with the team. Have fun!

Regards,
Kingson
Using Apple computers
Message 9 of 10
jakefowler

Thanks Jeremy for the additional info! This really helps. I'm working with the team to figure this out now; it appears as though there are others also seeing this behaviour. 

Kingson - your steps is easily reproducible, thanks, we're investigating now 🙂

Many thanks!

Jake

Jake Fowler
Principal Experience Designer
Fusion 360
Autodesk

Message 10 of 10
tdtwohy
in reply to: jakefowler

As a long time user of BETA 123D, Forge™ BETA Fusion™ BETA Fusion360™ and an eger user of Autodesk products, I for one, was QUITE disappointed after reading all the marketing hoo-ha related to this software...

... then opening it up to find this mess.

This is hardly worthy of the hype I'm seeing... the alternatives to the cube are awkward at best (Jeremy is quite dilligent to come up with a hack, but he shouldn't have to).

Jeremy, could you tell us more about the work around... does it change my track pad for other software? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report