Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Update posted to address Fusion 360 quality issues

29 REPLIES 29
Message 1 of 30
sanjay_jayabal
4761 Views, 29 Replies

New Update posted to address Fusion 360 quality issues

Hello,

We have released an update to Fusion 360 to address a few quality issues that were reported by you (our customers).  Below are the issues addressed by this update.

1. Instability with Save Copy As and Save As STL

2. IGES export not being read in correctly in other products such as Rhino

3. Unable to enter decimal values in the heads-up-display

4. Variable radius fillet failing in Parametric mode

5. Browser cross highlighting broken

6. Workplane projection in sketch does not update

7. Couple of other crashes reported

We hope this gets you back on track and sincerely apologize for the incovenience caused by the previous update.  Please do let us know what you think of the update and keep giving us your feedback.  We are listening and want to do the best we can for you.

best regards,

Sanjay Jayabal (Autodesk)

On behalf of the entire Fusion 360 Team.

29 REPLIES 29
Message 21 of 30
kingson138
in reply to: NicolasXu

Hi Nicolas, Thanks for believing in me. That is actually good news. I was trying to reproduce some crashes and I am glad that your team can do that too.  Awaiting for the next update, then I will test it again.

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Kingson

Regards,
Kingson
Using Apple computers
Message 22 of 30
kingson138
in reply to: kingson138

Hi Nicolas, Jake sent me a video link to Garin's tutorial on the Parametric Mode. I think it is a great video. It actually shows us more about the use of the Parametric Mode. In fact I really like the mode. I will avoid the things I did to get the crashes like  dragging the mouse slower on push pull and plugging in numbers instead of pull on small objects. I will continue to use it. If fact i will save to a new version the next time i have to move an offset plane, which requires to stop recording completely. Well I hope this move command on offset plane can be implemented in your next update. Those crashes in my report can be avoided in fact. If i know how to create them I know how to avoid them right? Well i will make a new pendant desgin in Parametric Mode to day for our own shop, that I can afford to have frozen program because it is not my client's. My own design is OK!

Thanks.

Regards,
Kingson
Using Apple computers
Message 23 of 30
NicolasXu

Thanks for the feedback, Kingson.

Yes, Garin’s video shows the key benefits of the Parametric Mode & how direct and parametric coexist nicely together. We’d like to hear more customer feedback to make this mode better.

Looking forward to your voices. 

Regards,

Nicolas Xu
Sr. SQA Eng.
Fusion 360 Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 24 of 30
kat.ingalls

Thanks for the feedback about making update notes more obvious - this is something Keqing and I have been talking about. I love the way Evernote does this. What would you guys think of something like this?

Evernote Release notes.png

Untitled picture.png

Kat

Fusion 360 Social & Community Manager
twitter: @adskFusion360
facebook: /fusion360
Message 25 of 30
Helmi74
in reply to: kat.ingalls

to be honest, i don't see anything special with what Evernote is doing. I think yes, such a list of release notes with a version history would be good but foremost a notification in the dashboard that an update has happened would be the most important step as you sometimes don't even noticed these automatic background updates..
---
Frank / @helmi

Established 1974. Internet addicted since 1994. Collector of Kudos.
Message 26 of 30
kingson138
in reply to: sanjay_jayabal

Hi I had been using parametries for a few days now and I like it . I made some new products for mold making and the histroy part is simply superb and I really need that. This is something a back button cannot do. I suggest users should really give this mode a chance. Have to change some old habit but it is great. Remember I had lots of negative opinion before .

Regards,
Kingson
Using Apple computers
Message 27 of 30
kingson138

Dear Kat, these release notes will be wonderful. Thanks!

Regards,
Kingson
Using Apple computers
Message 28 of 30
kat.ingalls
in reply to: Helmi74

Hey Helmi! You're right, I agree that it isn't special - as in novel or innovative. But I do find them useful. Was wondering if you guys would find similar notes useful to be able to reference within Fusion.
Maybe it's because I'm using windows, but I receive a notification asking to update to the latest version currently (unless I'm being totally daft and mixing up experiences - fair possibility) 🙂
Kat

Fusion 360 Social & Community Manager
twitter: @adskFusion360
facebook: /fusion360
Message 29 of 30
Helmi74

workin' with Windows definitely is a failure 🙂 just kidding.

I'm seeing two different updates:

- the "important" ones that don't even let you continue without updating
- background updates that happen while you use fusion.

I noticed the latter on one computer when the title of the windows said "updating... 56%" and i continued working. While i got the new version after a restart of the program (manually) i noticed i already got it on another computer before without even seeing anything from the update. That's why i said a notification for these updates would be useful in case you completely missed it.
---
Frank / @helmi

Established 1974. Internet addicted since 1994. Collector of Kudos.
Message 30 of 30
thburn
in reply to: Helmi74

Hi,

regarding parametric modelling I still want to have some information which tools will work in parametric modelling and which not.

So all tools should appear in the toolbars all the time independent from modelling mode.

If I am in or switch to parametric modelling the tools which do not work right now should be disabled, greyed out.

A yellow hint on hovering the mouse over a disabled tool should say 'This tool is only available in direct modelling mode'.

This would make things more clear.

You can yourself read many threads here where users (inlcuding myself) ask 'Where had this tool gone?'.

So please make all the tools visible all time and give the user clear feedback by just disabling them in parametric modeliing mode and showing a small hint.

Thanks a lot!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report