Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing work again.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
big_red_frog
438 Views, 12 Replies

Missing work again.

Hi There,

The last time I had missing work it was a convoluted combination of multiple host machines and questionable connectivity.

Now I have missing work, with only one machine involved.

Again I had made several modifications over a few hours, on Friday, exported the STL and printed the pieces, so I know the work was done.

I open the file today, and the work is just missing.

This is becoming unsustainable.

Please advise which files I need to zip up for examination, I cannot afford to lose days of work.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
big_red_frog
in reply to: big_red_frog

Note I have checked

C:\Users\atod\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\PLM360Cache\a360proue29c9f1a.autodeskplm360.net\1

There is only one f3d file relating to the design in question, and that is from today ( Sunday ).

helmetSmall2.19d16414-70f1-4d84-b849-cb25b43f144f.f3d

I see no versions in there from Friday.

Is there anywhere else I should be looking.

Is there anything in my cloud that implies work saved Friday?

Fusion did not crash on exit or any other suspicuos behavior at the time. I just exported the STL, closed the package and worked on.

I am also reticent to invest more time in the design reworking the loss or otherwise moving forward, as my confidence in maintaining the files is dropping.

Message 3 of 13
big_red_frog

Looking further into my history, I can see that I exported the STL files in question at 20:35 and 20:36 on Friday the 8th.

I would not of made further edits after this point, though may well of left fusion open.

I have attached teh app log that covers this period.

I dont want to risk over interpreting what may be a passive warning, but it is full of autosave exceptions around this time.

Message 4 of 13
big_red_frog

Note I am redoing the work lost, so this isnt so much a panic of recovery, rather looking for postmortem, so we can understand how this can get lost and close that exposure.

Thanks.

Message 5 of 13
big_red_frog

So I worked on, and saved several times along the way.

Finished up what I was doing, set up some STL exports and left fusion open.

When I returned an hour or two later, and looked to close Fusion, there was no manual save option, so my assumption was that either a manual or auto save had occured since last edit.

Closed fusion, and it crashed.

This time it generated a crash report, which should be available to you in the system.

Opened fusion.

Went to open my design and I get

---------------------------
Fusion 360
Open downloaded Autodesk 360 document error, downloaded file is C:/Users/atod/AppData/Roaming/Autodesk/PLM360Cache/a360proue29c9f1a.autodeskplm360.net/1/helmetSmall2.19d16414-70f1-4d84-b849-cb25b43f144f.f3d, error message is Initializing document manifest xml stream failed!
Yes

Message 6 of 13
big_red_frog

Something to note, minor bug, I am digging through the cache to see if the design has a safe f3d file I can import.

I have noticed when importing that it give you the notification dialog, with "Dont tell me again" I click this everytime, but everytime I import, I still get the notification.

Unfortunately, although it states the import of the f3d file succeeded, it fails on loading, with the same as the main file.

Now I am concerned. What can I do to recover my work!

I noticed when looking again the file was not the multiple meg expected, rather 1K. See attached. ( Grrr, forum is rejecting the file again "The contents of the attachment doesnt match its file type"

WIll zip and retry. That failed as well.

File now at 

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/77527281/helmetSmall2.19d16414-70f1-4d84-b849-cb25b43f144f.f3d

Fusion 360
Initializing document manifest xml stream failed!
Ok

Message 7 of 13
big_red_frog

I believe this is the log from the session with the latest loss.

When I returned to fusion360, it seemed mildly unresponsive just before it crashed as I closed it.

Message 8 of 13
big_red_frog

One final piece of information, looking at the time I exported the last STL's which would represent when I had finished my edits in Fusion, it was 9:46PM

Message 9 of 13
philip.s

Thanks for providing the detailed info as this will be extremely helpful in getting to the bottom of this one!

As mentioned in our recent email exchange, can you also confirm if your automatic versioning time interval is turned on (Menu -> Preferences -> General)?

Message 10 of 13
Phil.E

How many groups do you have?

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 11 of 13
big_red_frog
in reply to: Phil.E

I believe only the one main default group.

Is the autodesk demo thing a group as well, not at PC to confirm right now...

Message 12 of 13
big_red_frog

Just to confirm, I have two groups.

"My Designs"

"Autodesk 360 experience"

Message 13 of 13
big_red_frog

And automatic versioning appears to be on and set to 60 min.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report