Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Command Palette

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
1163 Views, 12 Replies

Missing Command Palette

Hello,

Whenever I perform any task with a command palette, it doesn't load show up.  For instance, if I go to revolve a sketch: I select the face, but then I can't click on the icon to select axis because there is no window (command palette?).   So, if I do try to do one of these operations and go the upper left menu (three black lines), select view, and toggle the command palette...nothing.  If I try, resetting defaults....crash everytime.   I pay for this software and I have deadlines to meet.  I can't use this software if I can't use the command palette.  Please help!

Thank you for any info you can send my way!

Johnny Harris

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
SallyYang
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Johnny,

Thanks for pointing out this issue. You can try clearing the cache files to get the command palette back:

~/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/Autodesk Fusion 360

And if you have sent the crash report to us, please let us know the email address that input in the CER dialog, so we can search and analysze the CER to make the issue resolved.

Regards,
Sally

Sally Yang
Software QA Engineer
Fusion 360 Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous

Uninstalled, cleared cache, run a cleaner software. Works great now....thank you
Message 4 of 13
AndrewSears

Johnny,

A few of us here have seen this happen before.  Unfortunately we are not able to figure out the cause.  My feature dialogs came back within a few minutes but I don't know what triggered them to show up.

If you run into this again, please try to document the steps you were doing right before the feature dialogs stopped showing up.  You should not have to re-install the product to get this to start showing up.  If this happens again try restarting the program first.

Thanks,

Andy 

Message 5 of 13
quaverf
in reply to: AndrewSears

Experiencing the same problem tonight.  Command palattes are not visible.  For example, creating a new design, made a simple 2D sketch and selected the profile and then selected EXTRUDE.  The command activates, I get a directional arrow indication and the small numerical input window pops up but no command palette.  For clarification the palette is where I would make selections such as extrude type (join, cut, etc) and new body or new component, etc.  Have no idea what has changed since using the software last evening. I have closed the program and reopened to no avail. Suggestion on how to I resolve???

Message 6 of 13
deyop
in reply to: quaverf

I have experienced this behavior but often it is because I have disconnected a second monitor I generally use.  Whenever any UI element such as a command dialog is missing I have successfully brought it back by going to the dropdown in the upper left corner of the window and under View you will find an option to "Reset to Default Layout".  This has always restored missing elements.

Reset to Default Layout.jpg

Message 7 of 13
quaverf

My problem started after disconnecting my 24" monitor from my laptop.  Moved to a different desk and then launched Fusion without the external monitor connected.  Sounds like the same issue.  I tried TWICE now to Restore to Default Layout as you advice but Fusion crashed both times.  Looks like I will kill more valuable time tonight trying address another glitch.  Thanks in advance for any additional advice you might be able to offer.

Message 8 of 13
quaverf

Went back to the other desk, connected the 24" monitor and I get my command palettes back.  45 precious minutes lost out of another evening.  Definitely a glitch that needs some attention.

Message 9 of 13
quaverf

After reconnecting the external monitor and recovering the ability to see the command palette I docked the command palette on the RH side of the viewing window.  I then closed Fusion, disconnected the external monitor and moved the laptop to another location.  I launched Fusion and was able to open my design and have normal visibility to the command palette.  Seems to be a matter of how Fusion behaves to docked vs undocked command palette in this situation.  Hope this helps anyone else who might encounter this problem.

Message 10 of 13
deyop

Sorry for the frustrating experience.  There is a defect logged on this problem now.

Message 11 of 13
quaverf

Thanks for the feedback.

Message 12 of 13
michaelbuffington

I'm on a Macbook Pro running Fusion 360 natively in OSX 10.9.2.

I'm stuck with missing command palletes as well after disconnecting from an external display.

When trying to reset to the default layout Fusion crashes (not sure if it helps, but I sent the crash report with the ID of CER_95268738). I've yet to try clearing any cache found in ~/

Library/Application Support/Autodesk/Autodesk Fusion 360 as it's not obvious where the cache actual sits - there's a lot of stuff in that directory that looks like shouldn't be wiped out.

Unfortunately, I can't reconnect to an external display anytime soon - this issue essentially prevents the use of Fusion until I can find a workaround.

Message 13 of 13

Many thanks for posting the issue to us. I also encounter the disconnecting from external display when Reset to Default Layout. And I could fix the issue by re-launch Fusion 360. If that doesn't work to you, please try the final workaround----un-install & install Fusion 360, then the external display should be connectable.

The development group of Fusion 360 have already been aware of the issue and probably will resolve it soon.

I am very sorry for any inconveniences that caused by the issue. I hope you can continue work on Fusion 360 and communicate with us about your feedback.

Regards,
Sally

Sally Yang
Software QA Engineer
Fusion 360 Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report