Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert is grayed out

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
joseph.woodard
754 Views, 12 Replies

Insert is grayed out

I need to do the same thing, but can't. I am giving Fusion/grabCAD a trial run and the "insert" option is grayed out/disabled. Maybe this functionality is not available until I pay up? Perhaps this should be a separate thread. My apologies if this posting is in the wrong place. Anyone know why the insert option under assemble would be disabled?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Hi Joseph,

I moved this so we could track it easier.  

Can you attach a screen shot of your workspace with "insert" grayed out?

Thanks,

Andy 

Message 3 of 13

Message 4 of 13
andreas
in reply to: joseph.woodard

andreas_0-1698952053596.png

Same.. insert fastener is grayed out..

Message 5 of 13
novec001

Me, too. I thought I'd give it another day, given the Create Project issues they had yesterday, but still no Insert Fastener.

Missing Fastener.png

Message 6 of 13
andreas
in reply to: novec001

figured it out.. its another one of these dumb ass "you need to be a part of a team" changes like configurations..  i like the new enforcement scheme going on here.. the fact that machines, cloud tools and so on is not just migrated or shared automatically.. show how inadequate the fusion team is..

Message 7 of 13
novec001

Sooo... You're saying I need to create a team for me, myself and I to use nuts and bolts? I'm having a hard time coming up with a fitting joke here...

Message 8 of 13
andreas

That is exactly what im saying.. You can also have conversations with your self in the comments section when doing so.. All very fullfilling. 🙂

Message 9 of 13
g-andresen
in reply to: andreas

Hi,

If you want to use Insert Fastener, this is not possible in single user mode but only in team mode.

günther

Message 10 of 13
jrychter
in reply to: g-andresen

I don't understand how anyone at Autodesk thought this makes sense. I pay for a single-user license of F360. I have all my projects in my "single-user storage". I've been trying to access this feature and it was greyed out, now I tried creating a "team" (which makes no sense in my case), but then I have to work on projects in the "team storage", and none of my projects are there.

I am not a part of a team. I don't want to create a fictional team. I would like to just use the feature.

I really hope this is a egg-on-face type of bug that will be corrected with an update soon.

Message 11 of 13
novec001

How delightful. Everything is great when you're part of a team, specially when you're entirely alone and wonder where the hell all my work has gone.

This is one of those times where I envy bald people who don't have any hair to rip out.

Message 12 of 13
jhackney1972
in reply to: jrychter

If you are interested, this webpage shows how to move your Single User Storage files to a Team Hub environment.  One of the reasons you need to be working in Fusion 360 in a Team Hub environment is because the Insert Fasteners command needs to create a Project to contain all of the generated fasteners. 

Fasteners Project.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 13 of 13
novec001
in reply to: jhackney1972

Thanks, that should get me started.

I kinda like the idea of storing all fasteners in a separate project, but that should work just as well in single user environment as in team environment. Better, in fact, considering the access issues that arise in a team environment.

I'd like to have a chat with the manager or marketing person who came up with this. This reeks of buzzword bingo rather technical insight.

Edit: Just wanted to specify that that comment goes to the whole "everything is a team" thinking. The fastener function itself is a properly impressive piece of software engineering.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report