Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW-TO: UNINSTALL FUSION 360 BETA

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
keqingsong
7025 Views, 12 Replies

HOW-TO: UNINSTALL FUSION 360 BETA

Uninstalling Fusion 360 beta: 

BEFORE YOU UNINSTALL

Before you uninstall the beta version, remember to export your designs if you wish to keep them. This thread will guide you through the steps.
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/News-and-Announcements/Fusion-360-is-almost-here-Important-message-for...

If you have already exported your designs, follow the steps below to uninstall. 

Macs

1. Go to your Fusion 360 beta icon in your dock, right click > options > show in finder

2. Choose list view, then navigate back to the Autodesk folder

OR 

1. Start a new Finder window.

2. In the Finder Menu (Apple bar on top), select Go, then press the option key

3. Choose Library

4. Browse to Application Support/Autodesk/and move the following folders to the trash:
    1. Webdeploy
    2. Web Services
    3. Autodesk Fusion 360
    4. MC3
    5. Synergy
    6. NINVFUS (if present)
    7. Neutron Platform
    8. Common
    9. Autodesk Sim 360 (if present)
    10. NSIM (if present)

Note: If you do not see “library” as an option in your Favorites, access it instead by opening the mac terminal (goto spotlight and type: terminal). Then just type: open ~Library

5. Next navigate to $TMPDIR/Autodesk (open a Terminal window, and type: open $TMPDIR/Autodesk) and move the following folders to the trash:
    1. Autodesk Fusion 360 and/or Autodesk Sim 360
    2. BrowserCache
    3. Neutron Test Application
    4. Project Forge (if present)
    5. Project Simulus (if present)

Note: If open $TMPDIR\Autodesk gives an error, try instead: open $TMPDIR and navigate to the Autodesk folder that way via the finder window.

6. Delete the Fusion 360 beta icon on your dock.

Screen Shot 2013-06-25 at 8.53.15 AM.png

PCs:

1. Go to your control panel > Programs and Features and uninstall Fusion 360 and Sim 360.

1a. Also uninstall “AdExDbManager” if it exists in your Programs and Features list.

2. Go to: C:\Users\"you"\AppData\Local\Autodesk and remove Common, Web Services, webdeploy folders

3. Go to: C:\Users\"you"\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk and remove folders

Clearing your cache files

1. Launch Windows Explorer.
  2. Navigate to:  C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Autodesk
  3. Delete the following folder:
    1. Web Services
  4. Next, navigate to:  C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\Autodesk
  5. Delete the following folders:
    2. BrowserCache
    3. PLM360Cache
  6. Now navigate to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk
  7. Ensure the following folders have been deleted. If they haven’t, manually delete them.
    2. MC3
    3. Neutron Platform
    4. Neutron Platform 1.0 (if present)
    5. NINVFUS (if present)
    6. NFORGE (if present)
    7. g.     NSIM

Next you can install the production release linked here and enjoy.

Can I still get my beta designs if I forgot to export them and installed the release version? 

Yes. 

1. Go to the 3 bar menu and choose Other, then choose Export Beta Content.

Screen Shot 2013-06-25 at 9.36.02 AM.png

2. Enter your beta site name, click next.

Screen Shot 2013-06-25 at 9.38.10 AM.png

3. Choose a location and then it will save in a folder called BetaDesigns.

Note: If you have a lot of designs, please be paitent; it will take a while since the program will export every single design in your site. 

Thanks!

Keqing Song
Autodesk Fusion Community Manager
Portland, Oregon, USA

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
boydwilkinson
in reply to: keqingsong

I was struggling to find the folders as listed (Mac OS X 10.8.4), then learned that in order to access the "Library" folder on my Mac, I need to hold down the Option key while clicking "Go" from the menu bar of the finder window. Success. Hope this helps other Mac users who were unable to locate the folders as listed in the Uninstall Beta instructions.

Message 3 of 13
philip.s
in reply to: boydwilkinson

Thanks for sharing Boyd!

Message 4 of 13
neobobkrause

On my Mac, the /Library/Application Support/Autodesk/ folder is gone. No such in ~/Library/... either. But the new install's still complain that I need to uninstall the beta before it'll lay down the newly released master. Any other places it might be looking that I've failed to clean up?

Thanks,

- Bob

Message 5 of 13
keqingsong
in reply to: neobobkrause

@neobobkrause wrote:

On my Mac, the /Library/Application Support/Autodesk/ folder is gone. No such in ~/Library/... either. But the new install's still complain that I need to uninstall the beta before it'll lay down the newly released master. Any other places it might be looking that I've failed to clean up?

Thanks,

- Bob

Hey Bob, thanks for reaching out. Is the Fusion 360 beta icon still on your dock? If so, right click > options > and choose show in finder - that should tell you where it is installed. 

If it isn't in the dock, have you tried clearing your cache as per the instructions above? 

Keqing Song
Portland, Oregon, USA

Message 6 of 13
neobobkrause

I'm on a Mac. Is there a need to clear a cache on my platform? If so, which cache and how is it cleared?

Oh and there is no Fusion 360 icon in my dock.

Message 7 of 13

Can you confirm that you are accessing the ~/Library folder on your mac? If you're having trouble accessing the ~/Library folder, try this:

1. Open a new Finder window.

2. Hold the Option key while clicking Go in the menu bar of the Finder window. The Library icon will appear in the pulldown. Click it.

3. Perform a search for "Autodesk" in the Spotlight entry bar at the top of the window.

That's what worked for me. Good luck!

Message 8 of 13

Success. I was able to find and clear out the right folder under ~/Library. I'm up and running. Where I got caught up was the ambiguity between /Library and ~/Library.

Thanks,

- Bob
Message 9 of 13

Yes, it probably would be good for the instructions to specify that this is the User/Library folder, not the Root.
- Ron

Mostly Mac- currently M1 MacBook Pro

Message 10 of 13
willtris

Hi,

2 quick questions on the uninstall, please:

- Inside /Application Support/Autodesk I have /Neutron Platform 1.0 as well as /Neutron Platform - do I just trash the latter one?

- the Terminal (tcsh) is not taking me to the $TMPDIR/Autodesk - I am getting:

Last login: Wed Jul 10 11:06:17 on ttys000
[alygig:~] gav% open $TMPDIR/Autodesk
The file /var/folders/vt/m176l4m48xj6tf0059brkgq00000gn/T//Autodesk does not exist.

Any other way to reach the caches, etc., please?

Thanks

Gavin

Message 11 of 13
keqingsong
in reply to: willtris

@willtris wrote:

Hi,

2 quick questions on the uninstall, please:

- Inside /Application Support/Autodesk I have /Neutron Platform 1.0 as well as /Neutron Platform - do I just trash the latter one?

- the Terminal (tcsh) is not taking me to the $TMPDIR/Autodesk - I am getting:

Last login: Wed Jul 10 11:06:17 on ttys000
[alygig:~] gav% open $TMPDIR/Autodesk
The file /var/folders/vt/m176l4m48xj6tf0059brkgq00000gn/T//Autodesk does not exist.

Any other way to reach the caches, etc., please?

Thanks

Gavin

Hey Gavin, 

Yes, trash both Neutron Platform folders. 

If $TMPDIR/Autodesk does not exist, then don't worry about it.

Let us know if you were successful with the install. Thanks!

Keqing Song
Portland, Oregon, USA

Message 12 of 13
high.lea

I am using a Dell M4600 laptop with everything installed on a solid state C drive and all data on D drive. 64bit Win7 Pro

Cannot find C:\Users\<username>\AppData

No such directory under my username or public in either C: or 😧

Any ideas?

Thanks Colin

Message 13 of 13
keqingsong
in reply to: high.lea

@high.lea wrote:

I am using a Dell M4600 laptop with everything installed on a solid state C drive and all data on D drive. 64bit Win7 Pro

Cannot find C:\Users\<username>\AppData

No such directory under my username or public in either C: or 😧

Any ideas?

Thanks Colin

Hey Colin, 

If you can't find  C:\Users\<username>\AppData, and have already uninstalled from the control panel > programs and features, try installing the official release and see if it works. let us know your progress. Thanks!

Keqing Song
Portland, Oregon, USA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report