Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help - How to hide dimensions in sketches

56 REPLIES 56
SOLVED
Message 1 of 57
tmccar
21758 Views, 56 Replies

Help - How to hide dimensions in sketches

Can I  hide or "switch off" dimensions in Fusion?

56 REPLIES 56
Message 2 of 57
AndrewSears
in reply to: tmccar

We do not have the ability to toggle sketch dimension visibility independently from the sketch.  Can you add this to the idea station?

Thanks,  

Andy 

Message 3 of 57
tmccar
in reply to: AndrewSears

Please explain?

Message 4 of 57
AndrewSears

We do not have the ability to turn dimension visibility off so the dimensions will always be shown to you until you turn the visibility of the sketch off.  

Please be a little more descriptive and let me know what is unclear about this so I can help you.

Thanks,

Andy 

Message 5 of 57
tmccar

Hi Andy
I wanted to basically "clean up" the appearance of my 3D part by
switching off the dimensions. But it's not a big issue

Tom
Message 6 of 57
Mach-Buster

Any update on how to toggle sketch dimensions on/off?
Message 7 of 57

Have you tried if this works for you ?

Screen Shot 2016-06-12 at 9.44.42 PM.png

Peter Doering
Message 8 of 57

came across this thread searching for a way to hide or change the appearance of dimensions while you're editing the sketch, @TrippyLighting your tip works in the modeling environment but is there a way to to it in sketch mode now ?

would be nice to clean up clutter and get a clearer view of sketches with lots of dimenions and constraints like this:

dims.PNG

==================================================
GENERAL DISCLAIMER: if there isn't a file attached to my posts then there is a reason for it. wherever i can i will attach a file for troubleshooting.If no file is attached i will always try to explain as clearly as possible with illustrative screenshots. when i have an issue that can only be helped by attaching a file which i cannot share publicly i won't ask about it here.
Message 9 of 57
bradanlane
in reply to: rumpelstielz

I have a use case for hiding dimensions during sketching.

When laying out a board, I sketch all of the components. Then I need to lay them out. At this stage, I do not need to see dimensions, constraints, points, etc.

There are already toggles for constraints and points but not for dimensions.

Message 10 of 57
jwbeeman
in reply to: TrippyLighting

On a macbook air this simply doesn't work.  The entire sketch just goes invisible or the dialog box disappears. 

Message 11 of 57
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: jwbeeman

Can you File>Export your *.f3d file to your local drive and then Attach it here to a Reply?

Message 12 of 57
Scoox

This would be handy, probably in the Sketch Palette?

Message 13 of 57

Deleted because it does not work

Message 14 of 57

@rumpelstielz: You can (now I mean what I write ;-)) hide constrains by disable the checkbox "Show Constrain" in the Sketch Pallette

HideShowConstrains.PNG

Message 15 of 57

Another tipp might be to write the dimension not only on one side...

Message 16 of 57
bradanlane

I already use "hide/show constraints" when necessary. The larger issue are the dimensions since they add lines and values. The overall problem is even further demonstrated when creating a parameter used sketch. In this case nearly every addition to the sketch is dimensioned. These get VERY cluttered.
Message 17 of 57

@bradanlane: My post was more related to the example of @rumpelstielz. And I agree with you, that hiding dimensions would be nice. I'm just proposing workarounds. Another workaround would be to use an Equal-constrain if possible. 

Message 18 of 57
gmpcAQSES

I use Fusion 360 sketch to quickly simulate 2D mechanisms. For this use case, the dimensions really clutter the screen. I'd love an option to hide them in the same was that you can hide constraints.

I've made a screencast of a mechanism I'm currently working on. http://autode.sk/2IiqGaM

Message 19 of 57

This option isn't visible for me.

Message 20 of 57

@markaudacity wrote:

This option isn't visible for me.

Can you File>Export and then Attach your *.f3d file here?

Are you in an active sketch?

Did you see this response, " @TrippyLighting your tip works in the modeling environment but is there a way to do it in sketch mode now?"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report