Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 360 won't open...at all

24 REPLIES 24
Message 1 of 25
Johnny2680
5900 Views, 24 Replies

Fusion 360 won't open...at all

So every time I try to open Fusion 360 or Fusion Simulus an error occurs and a Fusion 360 Error Report pops up.  I can't even start the program.  Any help would be highly appreciated.

error report CER_77781765

24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25
garin
in reply to: Johnny2680

Let me look into this issue with this error code and see if we can determine what might be happening. Are you using Windows or OSX? What version?

Message 3 of 25
kris_berg

I am sorry to hear you are having problems with Fusion 360.  Please try the following and see if it helps.

1. Open up a new "Terminal" window.  You can access the "Terminal" application in the Applications > Utilities folder
  2. Type the following commands (steps 3-5) in the "Terminal"  window.  
  3. "cd $TMPDIR\Autodesk".  $TMPDIR is case sensitive, so be sure to type the command exactly as shown inside of the quotes.  Do not include the quotes.
  4. Type "ls -l" and verify that either/or both  "Autodesk Fusion 360" or "BrowserCache"  exists in the directory.  If they don't, do not proceed to step #4.
  5. Type "rm -rf *".  Only do this if step #3 contained either "BrowserCache" or "Autodesk Fusion 360"
  6. Now try to run Fusion 360.

Please let us know if this resolves the issue.

Kris Berg
Senior Software Architect - Autodesk
Message 4 of 25
Johnny2680
in reply to: garin

Mac OSX 10.7.5 Sent from my iPad
Message 5 of 25
Johnny2680
in reply to: kris_berg

At step three the message I got was this: total 0 drwxr-xr-x 3 Johnny5 staff 102 April 2 14:55 Inventor Fusion Sent from my iPad
Message 6 of 25
kris_berg

You can proceed to step 5.  Make sure that you complete steps 3 and 4 right before step 5.   If you have closed the Terminal window, you will need to execute the commands again.   Step 5 removes some files so it is important that it is removing them from the correct location. 

Have you ever successfully invoked Fusion 360 ? 

Kris Berg
Message 7 of 25
Johnny2680

Yes...I made 12 iterations of a file already Sent from my iPhone
Message 8 of 25
kris_berg

Great, let me know if completing step 5 above fixes the problem.  If it doesn't, I have one other thing for you to try.

Kris Berg
Message 9 of 25
Johnny2680

Neither of these solutions work...

The only thing that shows up is the Autodesk Fusion that I already had on this Mac before I downloaded Fusion 360.

Message 10 of 25
kris_berg

If deleting the files in $TMPDIR\Autodesk (outlined above) did not work, please try the following.  

1. Invoke "Finder"
  2. Select the menu item Go > Go To Folder...
  3. It will bring up a dialog.  Type "~/Library/Application Support/Autodesk" and click on the "Go" button.  
  4. Move the following folders to the trash (ie. Move to Trash):  "Autodesk Fusion 360", "Project Simulus" and "Neutron Platform 1.0".  The folder "Project Simulus" may not exist.

If this does not work, you can try to reinstall the application. 

Kris Berg
Message 11 of 25
Johnny2680

Unfortunately, that didn't work either.   Is there a way I can uninstall all Autodesk programs and start over?

Message 12 of 25
kris_berg

I am sorry that did not work.  You can uninstall the application by right clicking on the Fusion 360  launch icon in the dock and selecting Options > Show In Finder.  When the Finder window opens, select all of the files/directories and delete them (Move to trash).

You should have recieved an email providing a link to our new S3 release.  You should install the latest version.  If you still have problems or these directions are not clear, reply to this thread and I will help you.

Kris Berg
Message 13 of 25
Johnny2680

I did not receive the email, but I did try reinstalling the version I received less than a week ago.  No dice.  Still won't load.  It just keeps going to submit error report without loading.  If the S3 version is newer than the one I received, would you please send that link to me?  If that is the version I already have,  I will just continue designing with the regular Fusion on my system.   Thank you for all your help.

-JH

Message 14 of 25
kris_berg

I have sent you a private message with the link.  I believe this will fix the issue.  Please let me know if this helps. 

Kris Berg
Message 15 of 25
jemmy_bob

when i open fusion after installing this massege is show

you must log in to run this application. do you want to exit the application

plzzz hellp

Message 16 of 25
kris_berg
in reply to: jemmy_bob

Have you ever been able to run Fusion 360?  Did you get your version of Fusion from http://fusion360.autodesk.com?  If not, can you uninstall and re-install from this website?  Let me know, if after you reinstall, you can not run the software.

Kris Berg
Message 17 of 25
kris_berg

This post might also help you with this issue:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Get-Help-with-Fusion-360/Can-t-open-Fusion-360/m-p/4488497

Kris Berg
Message 18 of 25
jemmy_bob

no
i will now uinstall and re-instal again 

Message 19 of 25
jemmy_bob

sorry
when  it rechead 50% this massege is show

win error 740

Message 20 of 25

Are you still seeing this error during the installation?

If yes, please try to remove the “webdeploy” folder ,then install the Fusion again.

• Windows:    “%localappdata%\ Autodesk\ webdeploy
  • MAC:    “~/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/ webdeploy“

For the details of how to do a clear un-installation, please go to http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Get-Help-with-Fusion-360/Fusion-360-Known-Issues/td-p/4311780 [bottom of the page].

If the error dialog is still there, please help take a screenshot of it (better if it contains the detailed error message) and share with us. This would be really helpful and we'll continue to work on it.

Thank you very much!

Macro Liu

Fusion QA Team

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report