Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 360 Errno 2 won't install

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1300 Views, 5 Replies

Fusion 360 Errno 2 won't install

I try installing Fusion 360 and it progresses to 26.15%,  and then retries several times till it quits.  It gives me the attached error message.  I have also attached the streamer log as the error message suggests.  What do I do next?

I think I also have a bad installation of Autodesk 360.  When I double click on the desktop icon all it does is open an empty folder called Autodesk 360.

Tom

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
NicolasXu
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Tom,

Sorry to hear that you’re experiencing the installation problem.

The issue should be caused the length of some file path exceeds the OS limitation. I will report your case to the team and see how we can improve the experience.

As a workaround, would you try creating a new user account with shorter name (saying less than 8 characters) and see if the Fusion can be installed under the new account?

Best Regards,

Nicolas Xu
Sr. SQA Eng.
Fusion 360 Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 6
Helmi74
in reply to: NicolasXu

I think this is a good place to note once again that it would be a really good idea to install Fusion360 in the standard paths for software installation. I'm not into windows but on Mac this would be /Application with all the data sitting in "/Library/Application support" and "~/Library/Application support".

Then launchers and other software would know how to handle the application.
---
Frank / @helmi

Established 1974. Internet addicted since 1994. Collector of Kudos.
Message 4 of 6

Is there a Solution for this problem by now.

I've got exactly the same error message

The suggestion to create an new, shorter useraccount is no solution, only a instrument to locate the problem

Regards, Klaus-Dieter

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

I am having the same problem (same error message) and it won't install on my machine as well windows 7 64bit.

Message 6 of 6
philip.s

Hi Dennis,

As previously mentioned, the 'No such file or directory' error has to do with exceeding the 250 charicter limit in the given path. Outside of creating a new user profile, you can also rename the user profile folder to a shorter value via the following Microsoft KB article.

Renaming a User Account Does Not Automatically Change the Profile Path

Here to help if additional clarification is needed, otherwise please accept as a solution so that others can benefit from this information.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report