Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open new project file

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
bryer4
383 Views, 2 Replies

Can't open new project file

Newbe - created a new project - next day can't seem to open it to continue drawing............it shows up on the dashboard but when I click on it, it opens up a Data box...............silly but frustrating.  Possible I left it open on a home comuter...would that do it?

Thanks

John

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Helmi74
in reply to: bryer4

Hi John,

welcom to the Forums and to Fusion360 🙂

First of all: no matter where you left the file open, you can still open it on any other computer running Fusion360. It is not intentional to do so but that works. You could probably run in some version saving confusion when the other computer that has the file still open saves the file but also that should make no bigger problems as you can always restore different versions.

I think you just have to get used to the dashboard. This is a bit confusing and is already discussed therefore. First there are projects which you can see as kind of a container for drawings. So you can have multiple drawings with a project. If you already started a drawing and can see it in the dashboard it depends on where you see it. If it's a small box under "Recent" there's no direct "Open" button in this box by default, it only appears when you hover the box with the mouse. In the right column of your home desktop view (the view that pops up when you open Fusion360 which is named "Activitiy" there are bigger boxes for last edited files and they have an "Open" button that always appears. No matter in which box, if you click this button the drawing will directly open.

When you click on other spots like the drawings name or something you will get a "popup" with a detail view of the file. This includes preview renderings and other stuff you or other project members (projects are meant to collaborate with others if you want) have posted like links or other comments. You can still click "Open Design" from there.

I hope that helps. If you still have problems it would help if you post some screenshots.

---
Frank / @helmi

Established 1974. Internet addicted since 1994. Collector of Kudos.
Message 3 of 3
bryer4
in reply to: Helmi74

Thanks very much Frank - Seems it was a version thing - The "open design" button was no where to be seen! I reloaded the program and there it was - maybe a problem with the original download! Thanks for the help! John

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report