Community
Showcase Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Showcase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Showcase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where to find Showcase training, tutorials, etc.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
RChalmers2
424 Views, 3 Replies

where to find Showcase training, tutorials, etc.

I am trying to learn showcase.  I went through the movies which got me started.  Where can I find good Showcase tutorials, books, videos, etc.  

What I want to do is pull in my own environments and backgrounds and get the scale and lighting to look right.  I'm a design engineer for a furniture company so it's putting the furniture in both indoor and outdoor locations.  I'd love to be able to take a picture of, say, a park, and then place furniture into the scene and make it look reasonably realistic.

I kind of need to go from basic to advanced because I'm pretty unfamalar with the software.

I'm using showcase 2015.

thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
MarionLandry
in reply to: RChalmers2

HI,

You can start by visiting my YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD6D46E8F19539A17

For specific video on custom environment background: http://youtu.be/ar0VivUjXqI

What you need to know is that you will need an HDRI environment if you plan to light the scene with your custom image. 

You can find information about how to create a HDRI image online as well. 

Good luck

Marion

Message 3 of 4
RChalmers2
in reply to: MarionLandry

Thank you Marion. What's an HDRI environment?
Richard
Message 4 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: RChalmers2

High dynamic range image

i suggest to do some google searches on this

showcase does not create these

look at photoshop or some other programs to create these

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report