Community
Showcase Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Showcase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Showcase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

showcase startup error R6034

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
ctbram
1791 Views, 11 Replies

showcase startup error R6034

I am getting this error whenever I start showcase 2013 (see the screen shot).

I just set up a brand new system and all my other autodesk apps are working fine. Here are the system details:

windows 7 pro x64
asrock extreme4 mobo
intel i7 3770k (ivy bridge)
32GB 1866 mem
nvidia gtx 285 ftw 2gb and gt900

This is an ivy bridge processor so it does have an integrated gpu but I am not using it although it is enabled.

I had an issue running alias design 2013 but I fixed it by turning off the lucid MVP software which tries to offload some of the graphics load to the internal gpu. When I uninstalled this software alias design runs fine.

The error from the screen shot for showcase seems to be unrelated and has something to do with the c++ runtime library. I have the 2005 and 2008 and 2010 runtimes all installed through the process of installing the software for the system and I have ms vs 2010 and 2012 in this machine.

Has anyone else had this problem and is there a fix it's driving me insane because everything else is running fine so this is like a thorn in my side!

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
msreckovic
in reply to: ctbram

Does Showcase start anyway, or is the end of it? I believe you're right, and this has to do with what other things are installed or not installed on the system, and there is a particular C++ library that most applications seem to install. TO start, do you have Showcase 2013 SP3?
Message 3 of 12
wirefram3d

had same problem, service pack 3 solved it
Message 4 of 12
ctbram
in reply to: msreckovic

thanks for the reply.

Well a window does open after it turns win7 aero off. But I am not sure its the proper start screen. It is not SP3. I am downloading and will update, and try to run it again with SP3. What is perlexing is all my other autodesk and other apps are running fine and I know many of them are using the 2005, 2008, or 2010 vc redistributable libraries and none of them are complaining.

I'll update here after I get SP3 installed. I am looking at the installing readme and it does not indicate if I have to remove the original software. I hate when they do not document whether to remove previous software or not and I have to guess!
Message 5 of 12
wirefram3d

don't remove anything it is just an update, solves problems and corrects certain files, just run it and you'll be done
Message 6 of 12
ctbram
in reply to: msreckovic

Sir you have my thanks!

SP3 fixed the problem. I need to be more diligent about updating my products.
Message 7 of 12
ctbram
in reply to: wirefram3d

thanks SP3 Fixed it
Message 8 of 12
wirefram3d

i just discovered it a few days ago 😛
Message 9 of 12
freesbee

...and what to do if this error happens with "ShowCase Viewer" 2013??

I cannot install ShowCase SP3 here...

Massimo Frison
CAD R&D // PDM Admin · Hekuma GmbH
Message 10 of 12
cikho
in reply to: freesbee

ouch, this seems to be a serious problem.. did you tryed to installa the 2014 viewer?

2014 doesn't have the problems related to the 2012/2013 switch, so the scenes should not be affected by glitches or material appearence change.. and 2014 should contain all improvements and fixes of 2013 sp3 and further..

viewer 2014 should be somewhere in the autodesk website

almost a showcase PRO user 😛

if you find my post useful, please give kudos or mark as solution 😄
Message 11 of 12
freesbee
in reply to: cikho

@cikho wrote:
ouch, this seems to be a serious problem.. did you tryed to installa the 2014 viewer?

2014 doesn't have the problems related to the 2012/2013 switch, so the scenes should not be affected by glitches or material appearence change.. and 2014 should contain all improvements and fixes of 2013 sp3 and further..

viewer 2014 should be somewhere in the autodesk website

...yes, I did: no difference Smiley Sad

(all prerequisites are there)

Massimo Frison
CAD R&D // PDM Admin · Hekuma GmbH
Message 12 of 12
cikho

well, that's actually strange..

i had 2014 installed in my work pc a few months ago and it worked just fine..

try to completely uninstall both viewers and reinstall the 2014..

almost a showcase PRO user 😛

if you find my post useful, please give kudos or mark as solution 😄

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report