Community
Showcase Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Showcase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Showcase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scaling a model in showcase

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
RChalmers2
677 Views, 3 Replies

scaling a model in showcase

Is it possible to enlarge or reduce a model size in showcase?  I'm trying to get a model that is proportion to the background.  Or should I be adjusting the background?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
admaiora
in reply to: RChalmers2

Hi RChalmers2,

you can proceed both:

- (scaling the model)select the objects you want to scale..then  key "H" on the keyboard, click on the cube as in the image and choose the scaling factor

s.jpg

-(scaling the enviroment):

sc.jpg

I hope that it can helps you.

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 4
MarionLandry
in reply to: RChalmers2

Hi,

It is not suggested to scale the model... this would be a wrong practice specially if you are importing animation via FBX or Inventor constraint. 

Scaling the model would break the animation. 

You might want to check that you are importing the model in the proper unit scale via the Import status. IF you are not, you should change to the appropriate unit scale. DO NOT CHANGE THE SIZE OF YOUR MODEL BY SCALING IT DOWN WITH THE TRANSFORM MODIFIER.

To open the import status, click "I"

Right click on the source file name to open the propreties dialogue

ImportStatus.jpg

Most of the environment in Showcase are created for small objects, so it's normal that they are to small for your project. 

The only large size environment available in Showcase is the Exterior Grass field. Having that said, you can scale all the environement to fit your scene by opening the environment properties. 

Right click on the selected environment and choose properties. 

YOu can type in a numerique value in the size box. 

EnvironmentSize.jpg

Hope this helps. 

Marion

Message 4 of 4
admaiora
in reply to: MarionLandry

Marion is totally right. Much better operate on the enviroment size.

If you have for example some Inventor constraints that you want to anime in Showcase resizing...moving..rotating.. are all operations that will destroy your Behaviours.

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report