Community
Showcase Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Showcase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Showcase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

publish image issues after update file coomand

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
philqpr
558 Views, 2 Replies

publish image issues after update file coomand

Hello,

I am using Showcase 2014 and when I publish images I generally have no issues, I run into issues after I have updated a file in Inventor 2014 and then as a result updated the same file in Showcase using the 'import staus window' conversion status needs update prompt file update command.

As an example I would publish a rendered image in a pre-defined twenty minutes duration, then after requiring a file update the same file in Showcase would take hours to publish. I have noticed during the publish image process that after twenty minutes the process complete bar would show 2 minutes complete. I have also seen following an update that spurious items would show on the published image even though they do not show when the image has finished publishing. This update would be a small feature change i.e. fillets added to a curved surface.

Has anyone had any similar issues with performance once a file has been updated?

It has reached a point where if a part needs to be updated I start fresh as this is a quicker process.

Thanks

Phil

Autodesk Showcase 2014

Autodesk Inventor Professional 2014 SP2

Windows 7 64 bit SP1,

Intel core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz,

16GB ram,

NVidia Quadro 2000

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
MarionLandry
in reply to: philqpr

Hi philqpr

I must say I have never experience that myself and have never heard of it. Here are few suggestions you might try:

• After updating the part (from the import window) save the scene as and use a different title. This will make sure that the scene is viewed as a new scene under the hood. For example, you orginal scene is title Part1.a3s save as Part 1_update.a3s. 
  • You might want to close Showcase completely after the update... That might help flushing the memory on the graphic card. 
  • You can try to delete the temporaty user file saved by default here: C:\Users\t_landm\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Showcase. Delete the complete Showcase folder
  • Also if you are going to start a scene from fresh, you know you can import the materials and Shots from a different scene? That might save you some time if the other alternative fails:ImportFromScne.jpg

Press the settings button under the import window to have access to different import settings. 

Hope this helps

Marion

Message 3 of 3
philqpr
in reply to: MarionLandry

Great,thank you for the advice- I will give this a try.

Cheers

Phil

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report