Community
Showcase Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Showcase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Showcase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Web Control of showcase does not work good with Environments buttons.

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
706 Views, 5 Replies

The Web Control of showcase does not work good with Environments buttons.

Hi guys,I know showcase could be controled by a webPage in localhost:5555.I tried this and all functions good except the environment buttons.

When I pressed "Dry Lake Bed Environment" or "Exhibit Hall and wireframe",nothing happened..... but "Eco body with budget rims" button works good.

I have checked the index.html file,and i see "ENVIRONMENT_LOAD_BYLABEL" message,but i cant find this code in the message reference.But I find "ENVIRONMENT_LOAD" message,and this message need envIDs.

so please tell me how to get the envID.Or how can I use the "ENVIRONMENT_LOAD_BYLABEL" message.

thank you very much

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
cikho
in reply to: Anonymous

to use the _BYLABEL messages you have to install the messagebylabelcustom.py plugin.
go to file-> add in manager

click add and point to c:/program files/autodesk/showcase/extras/interactive
(should be de default adress actually)
and select the proper .py file.

in order to better proceed in the showcase developing process, i also suggest to add the folowing plugins:

internalmessagescustom.py (adds a voice in the help menu showing the internal messages not reported in the sdk help kit)

echomessagescustom.py (shows every action and relative command in the showcase console, including object ids and other useful stuff)

also, run showcase in console mode, running it through the showcaseconsole.exe executable insteade opf the showcase.exe.

you'll find it in the ../showcase/bin folder.
just create a shortcut wherever you find it useful (task bar, desktop, whatever).
this will run a showcase common window, and a second window with a dos-like style in which commands will be shown

almost a showcase PRO user 😛

if you find my post useful, please give kudos or mark as solution 😄
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: cikho

Thank you cikho,thank you very much!

The problem is solved.I gived the kudo and the solution.

Thank you!

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Then I have a new problem,could you please tell me more about how to creat a custom SWF interface to replace the original taskUI.

or maybe how to add another custom Interface, but not the simple one which in settings>sceneSettings>InterfaceStyle.

Thank you

Message 5 of 6
cikho
in reply to: Anonymous

the html interface frame is the quickest method of course, but i understand it is not the best looking one..an swf version is possible i guess, ut it still would need the frame..
to have a superimposed new interface you will probably need good c++/phyton cooding skills.. but in this case, unfortunately i can't help, as i don't have such skills 😞

i think it would've been my next step in understanding showcase, but honestly it's not in my work scope right now 😞 more like using showcase for what it does than developing things atm, but still, i can help on many other aspects of the program which i know pretty much (besides inventor workflows)

almost a showcase PRO user 😛

if you find my post useful, please give kudos or mark as solution 😄
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

thank you cikho,thanks all the same.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report