Community
Showcase Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Showcase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Showcase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRANSPARENT

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
389 Views, 3 Replies

TRANSPARENT

Hi Everyone.

I have a preoblem about transparency. In showcase i set a parts material settings as %100 transparent. It works in BOTH SHADOW mod. The part is transparent. But when in RAY TRACING mod. It turns to be all wrong.The transparent part became dark and nothing behind that part is visible. So help me about that please i want transparency in RAY TRACING MOD:

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
admaiora
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you attach your scene zipped here?

Have you tried other not imported trasparent materials?

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 4
cikho

try using a showcase glass material and check if it gives problems..

almost a showcase PRO user 😛

if you find my post useful, please give kudos or mark as solution 😄
Message 4 of 4
MarionLandry

HI,

There is nothing wrong with this images.. just not what you want. 

In Hardware shadow mode, no real reflection and refraction are being calculated giving you a purely transparent material lacking any reflection and refraction. This look is not accurante or realistic. Both of these settings are really important for transparent glass type materials.

If you create a material and simply add transparency, you did not properly adjusted the refraction and reflection level.. If you are not aware of these settings, then, you get a random results. Sometime lucky, sometime not. In your case, you are not getting what you want. 

I would suggest to start with a glass material that has these settings properly set by default. Then adjust what you need. 

Try different glass first to look at the different result in Ray traced mode. Once you are happy with the level of transparency, then it's just a matter of ajusting the colour of the objects. 

Glass-raytraced.jpg

Keep in mind, the environment will strongly affect the look of glass. I would suggest you work with either the Showcase glass material or the Showcase Extended material because they both expose all settings that you will be able to customize. 

extendedMaterials.jpg

Hope this helps. 

Marion

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report