Community
Showcase Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Showcase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Showcase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showcase not in the 2015 Product Design Suite

40 REPLIES 40
Message 1 of 41
llamas91
1658 Views, 40 Replies

Showcase not in the 2015 Product Design Suite

http://www.autodesk.com/suites/product-design-suite/included-software

So i just noticed that the new2015 product design suite does not show to include Showcase in the list. Niether the premium nor the ultimate have it.

Is it not going to be included anymore? Or is this a bug?

40 REPLIES 40
Message 2 of 41
DarrenP
in reply to: llamas91

its not a mistake

it is being taken out of the Product Design Suites only

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 41
cikho

it is not even in the product list anymore 😐

almost a showcase PRO user 😛

if you find my post useful, please give kudos or mark as solution 😄
Message 4 of 41
DarrenP
in reply to: cikho

its still there: http://www.autodesk.com/products/showcase/overview

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 41
llamas91
in reply to: DarrenP

Well im turly disappointed!

Showcase is only aviable in either AutoCAD Design Suite or Building Design Suite.

AutoCAD suite doesnt even include Inventor in it.

And you have to get the Ultimate Buiding Design suite just to get access to Showcase, and Inventor.

Im guessing were going to have to purchase Showcase seperately this time.

Question  though, since were on a subscription for the product design suite, when we upgrade to 2015 (when it becomes aviable) Will we loose Showcase? Or do we get to keep 2014 version?

Message 6 of 41
DarrenP

since your under subscription you get to use the current version plus 3 versions back

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 7 of 41
DarrenP

other products are also gone from the Product Design Suite

Alias Design, Mudbox, Sketchbook Designer

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 8 of 41
llamas91

For my personal use. I never used any of those. The only software i used from the suite was Autocad, Inventor, and Showcase.

Message 9 of 41
bryan.morris

Seems a bit strange... I guess I'm lucky enough to have two licenses, one from the product design suite, and one standalone... (mmmm spend more money...)

However the product copy for showcase now seems to suggest it's being aimed much more at Autocad and Revit, neither of which I use... I will naively assume that current functionality remains somewhat unchanged...(maybe even improved...) If that goes, I'll head elsewhere... (well, I will want to, but the corporate purchasing powers, be that what they may, I might just have to lump it and use the awesome inbuilt renderer in Creo.... woooo reflections, and a teapot!).

It does sort of seem strange that the product design suite would now require learning how to use 3dMax for rendering (maybe inventor... I don't really know.. although i thought if you used inventor, you would naturally use showcase...).Interestingly, VRED (not the automotive or professional), which is now 'for' product designers, isnt included in the product design suite... Oh and by the way, if you can afford the license for most of the software afforementioned, you are likely to be a professional (tongue in cheek?...). hmmm

I mean, far be it from me to second guess Autodesk's reasoning for the change, but us unfortunate product design people who have to solid model real parts with tolerances and stuff sometimes have to make our stuff look good too... you know, before someone signs off on a 400K€ injection moulding tool or something... (And to be honest, Showcase is proper awesome for just that... quick and easy, and a part from flickery peekaboo glass action I can't currently fault it).

Maybe autodesk could release the professionally-mega-octo-hyper-super-ultra-professional suite, with access to all their software, lest you need two or more from different suites... Smiley Very Happy

obviously i can still use my old 'un-professional' version of showcase, from either license I currently have... But I'm hoping thems not dark clouds a brewin'.

B.

Message 10 of 41
cikho

you guys really need to review the composition of the suites..

sketchbook pro was quite usefull for designers..

you should also create a transportation design suite.. including alias, sketchbook, showcase and other usefull things.. maybe max?

Message 11 of 41
llamas91

Someone at autodesk needs to rethink the software that is being bundled with these suites. Im still not sure why 3ds Max would even be part of the suite.

I would have imagined they removed Max, and kepy Showcase since its a much easier and quicker software to use. espcially when you wanna show a good rendering quickly. 

My other option is to just but the premium suite and purchase Showcase seperately. Or purchase the Ultimate Building design suite.

Message 12 of 41
DarrenP

Navisworks has some rendering functionality but not good as showcase or 3ds Max

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 13 of 41

Power to the people, people! We each need to get onto our resellers and convey our disappointment at Showcase being removed from many suites, and at the posibility that we then need to purchase it separately. Get your reseller to convey your angst to their manager and to their state/country manager. If enough people speak up then maybe the decision can be changed.

It was around this time last year it was known that Vault Workgroup users were to get an upgrade to Professional with the 2014 release, only then for Autodesk to change their minds (maybe under pressure from the resellers) and instead drop Collaboration and upgrade them to Pro.

Personally I don't give a hoot for 3DS Max, Navisworks, Fusion, Mudbox and the rest of the crud included with the suites. The only products I use in my day-to-day mechamical designing is Inventor, Autocad, Vault and Showcase. I'm a subscription customer so this decision to remove Showcase hurts even more.

Brendan Henderson
CAD Manager

New Blog | Old Blog | Google+ | Twitter

Inventor 2016 PDSU Build 236, Release 2016.2.2, Vault Professional 2016 Update 1, Win 7 64 bit

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.

Message 14 of 41
llamas91

I completely agree. I see 3ds Max and I instantly associate it with architecture, not mechanical design.
I wish Autodsk just gave use a small packaged that included Inventor Professional, and Showcase, plus whatever else they want.
I was just about to purchase a new subscription, now I'm lost as to what my move is. Purchase inventor and showcase separately or purchase which apparently now appears to be an update product doesn't suite, aka Factory design suite. Which apparently holds most of the same software, luis it includes inventor and showcase.
Message 15 of 41
cikho

it's not like everyone can buy a design suite and then buy programmes separately, design suit is intended to be an all in one solution..

is like buying the adobe design premium and photoshop separately.. c'mon!!!

the funny thing is that the design suite does not contain software used by designers (autocad?? autocad elettrical??), while autocad suite contains them.. like alias and showcase..

plant suite containing showcase.. WTF???

whoever is creating these packages must have smoke weed.. a lot of weed.. or must think that us users are dumb people spending money randomly..

there are 5 main suites that autodesk should sell:

product styling (more focused on very preliminary design phase, sketching, surface modelling, quick rendering basic CAD parametric)

product design & engineering ( more advanced product development, with more CAD involvement and simulations)

architecture (autocad, revit, max etc)

civil engineering (autocad, revit, simulation softwares) <- mixes plant, factory, building, infrastructure basically

enterteinment and digital imaging (games, high quality rendering etc)

period.

Message 16 of 41

Maybe every choice has his reason....
Last year Autodesk bought vred.
Some times ago Autodesk put keyshot on the web side by side with fusion 360.
In These days showcase professional doesn't exists anymore.
I continue thinking that showcase is a very good software, I'll keep using it also if it is not "free"... And I think that many workers will do as I do....
An maybe Autodesk know this....

Christian Garimberti
Technical Manager and Visualization Enthusiast
Qs Informatica S.r.l. | Qs Infor S.r.l. | My Website
Facebook | Instagram | Youtube | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 17 of 41

of course every choice has its reason, but still i don't get why a plant engineer should use showcase and a designer shouldn't 😛

Message 18 of 41
MarionLandry

HI,

You can rest in peace, thanks to your passion and comments, Showcase is now part of the Product Desing Suite 2015: http://www.autodesk.com/suites/product-design-suite/included-software

Marion

Message 19 of 41
cikho
in reply to: MarionLandry

so much love 😛

Message 20 of 41

Thank God!!! I was really getting worried there.

Thank you Autodesk for coming to your senses.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report