Community
Showcase Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Showcase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Showcase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showcase not in the 2015 Product Design Suite

40 REPLIES 40
Message 1 of 41
llamas91
1713 Views, 40 Replies

Showcase not in the 2015 Product Design Suite

http://www.autodesk.com/suites/product-design-suite/included-software

So i just noticed that the new2015 product design suite does not show to include Showcase in the list. Niether the premium nor the ultimate have it.

Is it not going to be included anymore? Or is this a bug?

40 REPLIES 40
Message 21 of 41
bryan.morris
in reply to: MarionLandry

well thats pretty cool...

Now if only the same approach worked for my salary... hehe

Message 22 of 41
egadlage
in reply to: bryan.morris

Sounds great, now if I could just figure out where to down load it.

Message 23 of 41

Not sure you can download it separately. It's art of the Product Design Suites. 2015 PDS is avilable for download through the Subscription portal.

Brendan Henderson
CAD Manager

New Blog | Old Blog | Google+ | Twitter

Inventor 2016 PDSU Build 236, Release 2016.2.2, Vault Professional 2016 Update 1, Win 7 64 bit

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.

Message 24 of 41
egadlage

I just downloaded the suite yesterday and Showcase is not part of the options.

at this link http://www.autodesk.com/suites/product-design-suite/included-software it states that Showcase and Alias Design is

*Available for download and will work only with the relevant Autodesk® Product Design Suite 2015 license

But where?

Message 25 of 41

Showcase 2015 hasn't been released yet.

http://www.autodesk.com/products/showcase/free-trial

When it is, it will appear in the Dowload section of the Subscription portal where PDS & AutoCAD is under 2015.

Once you install showcase it will activate without issue if PDS is installed and avtivated. You just use the same serial and install key from PDS.

AutoCAD 2015 works in the same way.

Message 26 of 41

Thank you! That makes more sense. It sounded like everyone else had found it and I was missing something.
Message 27 of 41
bryan.morris
in reply to: egadlage

um... I'm using 2015 already... just started today...  havent seen a changelog, so guess its just the 5.... Smiley Very Happy

SC2015.png

Message 28 of 41

Also file version is not changed.... i tried to open a 2015 scene in 2014... and it works (but this maybe is a new feature!).

Online help is still 2014.

I think 2015 documentation is still work in progress.

we must have patience.

Bye

Christian Garimberti
Technical Manager and Visualization Enthusiast
Qs Informatica S.r.l. | Qs Infor S.r.l. | My Website
Facebook | Instagram | Youtube | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 29 of 41
bryan.morris

just FYI, I have a standalone license for it, and a license for the PDS.... but I havent had an update for the suite yet...

Message 30 of 41
DarrenP

from showcase 2015 the read me:

http://help.autodesk.com/cloudhelp/2015/ENU/Installation-Showcase/files/GUID-68D76120-3D1E-41D2-8BA8...

Showcase Help

Showcase 2015 uses the same Help files as Showcase 2014, because the concepts and procedures explained in the Help have not changed for the 2015 release.

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 31 of 41

It's available for download from the Virtual Agent (see below). Having some issues with the Serial Number and Product Key though. Will update if I get it sorted.

http://autodesk.creativevirtual15.com/autodesk/bot.html?isJSEnabled=1&businessArea=Root.Education&st...

Edit:- I used the Serial Number for my 2015 PrDS. Then I used the Product Key from below. Credit for the Product Key go to Scott Moyse (Twitter @scottmoyse )

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-lt-for-mac/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcartic...

Brendan Henderson
CAD Manager

New Blog | Old Blog | Google+ | Twitter

Inventor 2016 PDSU Build 236, Release 2016.2.2, Vault Professional 2016 Update 1, Win 7 64 bit

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.

Message 32 of 41
cikho

ow showcase 15!! 😄

what's new exactly?

almost a showcase PRO user 😛

if you find my post useful, please give kudos or mark as solution 😄
Message 33 of 41
b.graaf
in reply to: brendan.henderson

So I do need the PDS serial number and the Showcase product key (262G1) ?

Message 34 of 41
egadlage
in reply to: b.graaf

I did that and it had the check marks like it was valid, but when the software went to activate it errors out.

Message 35 of 41
b.graaf
in reply to: egadlage

That was exactly my problem: green checkmarks in the installation window (for serial and product key), but an "invalid" serial error when activating....

Message 36 of 41

Normally serial and product key are linked. You cannot use pds serial and showcase key.

You must use pds serial and pds key.

Then, if in the installation you doesn't have the 2 green checkmarks, this means that you have downloaded the wrong showcase version.

.... but the question is .... "Where i can find the correct Showcase version for my serial?"

If you have the subscription you must download it from the subscription center

Cattura.PNG

if you don't have the subscription.... i don't know... sorry....

Bye

Christian Garimberti
Technical Manager and Visualization Enthusiast
Qs Informatica S.r.l. | Qs Infor S.r.l. | My Website
Facebook | Instagram | Youtube | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 37 of 41

If I use the PDS serial number AND the Showcase Product Key, I get two green checkmarks, but the problem comes when I try to activate.

I saw, that Autodesk was "making" a new Showcase installer, which shoud be abe to recognize the PDS serial numbers....

I donwloaded the Showcase from our subscrition center, where I found it directly under the PDS.....

Message 38 of 41
TCMDESIGN_Group
in reply to: llamas91

neither link in Subscription center will work....I get 404 errors.....any suggestions?

Message 39 of 41

Hi,

Since Showcawe was removed from the PRDS build and later added to the suites composition, PrDs users are left with having to download Showcase 2015 manually. They can get it from the subs center, the trial page and adsk accounts. This  version is licensed to work with PRDS.

Marion

Message 40 of 41

There is something wrong with the links...none of them are working...

Tried from two separate PC's

TODD D MILLER

TCM Design Group, LLC.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report