Community
Showcase Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Showcase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Showcase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showcase -> html with 3d control

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
sam_m
402 Views, 2 Replies

Showcase -> html with 3d control

I know you can export from Showcase to html with a load of rendered vids of pre-defined motion, but is there any way to export to html and have it as a user-rotated 3d model like http://www.bikeconfig.com/ ?

basically - Showcase is great for presentations when the pc is in the room, but how can you export those presentations/models so they're accessible from outside the room?  across the world?  while still enabling more user-control than just pre-rendered videos?

I know Autodesk looked at this years ago with a dwf? plugin (sadly the project name escapes me) but as shown by that bike config tool technology and user-interaction has moved on, so what options are there available for us at present?  Obviously the visual quality won't be as good as a fancy render, but that bike config isn't bad...

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cikho
in reply to: sam_m

http://ggnome.com/object2vr

try this one!
also, showcase should export to html too, but you probably need a server to test it with

almost a showcase PRO user 😛

if you find my post useful, please give kudos or mark as solution 😄
Message 3 of 3
sam_m
in reply to: cikho

sorry for the late reply, I have been on holiday and then v busy.

The html export from Showcase, as far as I can tell, is pre-rendered animations and a nice html front-end to start playing each animation.

I'm asking how to export to an interactive format where the end-user can still rotate and zoom at their control, much like the old Autodesk project Freewheel (dwfit.com).  But, with Showcase's functionality of triggers and behaviours - e.g. click and drag to rotate the car, zooming in/out at will, then click on the door to have it open/close, etc.  Not pre-rendered animations, but 3d models within a website.

That object2vr looks kinda ok-ish, but as far as I can tell, it's just a glorified turntable, without wanting to belittle it.  How do you get the 3d control like that bike config website?  Given the nature that Showcase is intended to help with presentations and visualization of a product then surely there is a desire to allow this for overseas/global presentations where a web-format would be ideally suited?

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report