Community
Showcase Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Showcase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Showcase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showcase for large architectural projects created in Revit

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
sami-kazemi
284 Views, 4 Replies

Showcase for large architectural projects created in Revit

I'm trying to use Showcase for large architectural projects created in Revit. I exported a revit project to FBX, it was about 80MB (which is not very big in Revit standards), the file took 30 minutes to open in showcase and is very very slow to do anything in Showcase.

I'm using an i7 Quad Core, 8GB ram, and NVIDIA Quadro 1000M Optimus Graphics technology (2GB), windows 7 (64bit)

anyone there have experience in using it with Revit, and large files in general?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: sami-kazemi

I have the same problem. I have had the same experience with smaller and larger FBX files from Revit.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

It would not hurt t get 16 or 24 GB of RAM.
Message 4 of 5

I have also had issues with large FBX models from Revit. I can't get the movie to render without looking like an earthquake is happening the entire time. I don't know if it's my graphics card, not enough RAM,or I'm just dumb with my settings. Any ideas?
Message 5 of 5
MarionLandry

Few things to keep in mind when you are importing a large Revit file:
-The first import will take a certain amount of time.. so make sure that you include only the necessary objects during the import/export process.
-Perhaps exporting various FBX from your project (windows-foundation-wall...)will help you manage the import time and level of details of each object group.
-The level of details (tesselation) will also make a difference in the import process. Use a low level of detail for object you will see in the background or from far. Only use High level tesselation for object will will zoom In.
-To avoid the "hearthquake" effect as you describe, adjust near clipping plane distcance under Scene Settings>Distance from camera to near clipping plane: Increase the number to 100cm for example and you will get rid of the black triangle effect.

Hope this help!
Marion

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report