Community
Showcase Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Showcase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Showcase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showcase Materials or Inventor Appearances

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
3DSetout
801 Views, 1 Reply

Showcase Materials or Inventor Appearances

Hi Showcase Peoples

i am trying to achieve no 'material' assigning or altering in Showcase from Inventor.

Ie Quality Renders from a variey of views in the quickest time.

Are Showcase Materials the equivalent of Inventor Appearances?

Where should my custom .adsklib file, (made by Copying & Renaming Autodesk Materials & Appearances & placed in my ijp Design Data), be located to best communicate with Showcase?

Can i copy the Showcase MATERIAL APPEARANCE into Inventor?

Thanks MatB

Showcase Colors on Overides1.png

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
MarionLandry
in reply to: 3DSetout

Hi,

Are Showcase Materials the equivalent of Inventor Appearances? Showcase materials are materials only available in Showcase. They have been designed to give you the best quality visual within the Showcase viewport and ray trace renderer. Only the Autodesk Material will translate from Inventor to Showcase. So if you want the best quality/speed, use the Autodesk Material in Inventor and your scene will arrive in SHowcase looking exactly the same. 

Where should my custom .adsklib file, (made by Copying & Renaming Autodesk Materials & Appearances & placed in my ijp Design Data), be located to best communicate with Showcase? I am not sure if I am getting that question... What I am understanding is that you have customized some materials in Inventor and you want to send that to Showcase? If you are working locally on your machine.. the location doesn't matter. Showcase will find the exact same path that you have assigned on the material in Inventor (if they are Autodesk Materials) 

Can i copy the Showcase MATERIAL APPEARANCE into Inventor? Non you can't. Whatever you do in Showcase, stays in Showcase. 

Hope this helps. 

Marion

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report