Community
Showcase Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Showcase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Showcase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ray tracing takes several seconds to start.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
389 Views, 2 Replies

Ray tracing takes several seconds to start.

lately ive been noticing that Showcase 2014 takes several seconds up to a minute for the timer to start counting, whenever i initiate Ray tracing. During this time, the time flicks as if it was stuck, and after a while it eventaully begins to keep count of the seconds passed.

Is this a bug? or a hardware issue?

I aleady reinstalled it thinking maybe it was an issue witht he installation process but the problem still presists. 

Lastly, it seems that when im ray tracing not all the cores on my CPU are being used, and the overall usage is below 75% usage.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cikho
in reply to: Anonymous

2013 works like that also.. but mine uses 100% cpu..

i think it has something to do with the interactive raytracing.. it stays at basice raytracing with poor effect while it thinks it's still interactive mode, and after a while it starts iterating the rendering in order to get it better and the timecount starts..

not sure it works like that, but this is the only explanation that seemed resonable for me..

the important thing is that the rendering works..

almost a showcase PRO user 😛

if you find my post useful, please give kudos or mark as solution 😄
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: cikho

Yeah i understand that.

My biggest problem here is that my CPU an AMD  FX4350 quad core, int being used to the max. 

Typically when i ray trace it should have all the aviable cores at max usage. But as of right now, it seems like all the cores max out at 1.45 Ghz.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report