Community
Showcase Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Showcase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Showcase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems - Movie Publish

25 REPLIES 25
Message 1 of 26
Lichtgestalt_DRX
1311 Views, 25 Replies

Problems - Movie Publish

Hi!

Recently I exported serveral Movies - everything went perfect.

Now, for some reason, it does not work anymore. Showcase seems to be exporting the movie, but no files appear. I tried different settings, differnt shots, different slides with different bahaviour. There is always this message at the bottom like:

Cannot save shot thumbnail - Parameter "keyframe" missing.

Every slide, shot, behaviour works fine when I test it without exporting it. I also deleted the not necessary behaviours or shots to simplify my scene, but that does no help.
I upgraded Showcase 2013 64bit to SP4 but that does not help.

Any suggestions to solve this problem?

Thanks for help!
25 REPLIES 25
Message 21 of 26

Try following this post.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/General/Shadows-disappearing-recording-video/td-p/4431439

For me was the graphic driver.

Try to check version and compatibility.

bye

Christian Garimberti
Technical Manager and Visualization Enthusiast
Qs Informatica S.r.l. | Qs Infor S.r.l. | My Website
Facebook | Instagram | Youtube | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 22 of 26
Marco.Macagnano
in reply to: cikho

after some lengthy experimentation it seems that *.avi file format is the most volatile. Mpeg 4 provides a more stable product. You were right about the fade from black, removing the effect fixed the inverted colour issue.

I had tried opening the file in windows media player as well as vlc player. avi files led to p[layers crashing before completing playback.

Thanks for the help, i now have published movies that I can use.
Message 23 of 26
cikho
in reply to: Marco.Macagnano

i often use .mov (quicktime) format actually.
.avi gives problems, expecially opening the files with vlc. win. mediaplayer, for example, didn't give me the "negativo" effect, while vlc did.

problem with mov is that not all editors can use them as source..

vlc also open them with no particular problem.

almost a showcase PRO user 😛

if you find my post useful, please give kudos or mark as solution 😄
Message 24 of 26

Cikho is right. I always use the Qicktime format.

Has a better quality.

The problem with the avi format is the codec that is used.

if you want an avi format, the better is to export the image sequence and then to create the movie with a movie software (like after effect, but you can find som free sw in the web). So you can create the avi with the codec you want.

Bye 

Christian Garimberti
Technical Manager and Visualization Enthusiast
Qs Informatica S.r.l. | Qs Infor S.r.l. | My Website
Facebook | Instagram | Youtube | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 25 of 26

HI, I noticed that a lot of people try to export very lenghtly videos (more than 5min) in one shot.. well if you do the calculation: 24 frames per seconds, that means you need to render: 7200 images.. maybe each image need 1m30 sec to render that means you will need 180hrs to render your animation.. no wonder it gets corrupted or doesn't have enough time to render.. always do your time calculation before you press the render button.. and if you have a 5min presentation, you will definitely need to render each slide individually to help manage the time and the possible errors. I always render either in .mov or .mp4. I NEVER render .avi
Message 26 of 26
MarionLandry
in reply to: MarionLandry

Also, have a look at this previous post to understand the quality settings I am using to output my videos:http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/General/Saving-Video/td-p/4263698

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report